For anyone fishing the R Trent

gozzer

But what could they do with it? You cant turn the taps off and put it in your pocket till later when its raining hard.

Exactly, I have to admit I hadn't thought to hard about before now but it does seem to be a bit of a problem to me...

Rich

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about it, and the answer is to replace all sewer piping with special peristaltic pipes equipped with sensors. If the sensors notice anything unwanted, the pipes switch into barf mode and start pumping it all back from whence it came :lol:

What is cyanide actually used for?

Cyanide solutions are used in "electroforming", which is plating a metallic film onto a non-metallic surface. A metalworking company (un-named so far "for legal reasons") has been implicated in the Trent incident.

I know you all read the news pages of Anglers' Net religiously, but just in case you missed the Angling Trust's news release regarding this:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/river-tre...-kill-1009.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It seems that now one of the major concerns is disposing of the fish before they become part of the food chain.

This might please the anti otter brigade, but I was wondering if there were any cormorant colonies in the area.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

[soapbox]

I don't want to sound preachy, but it's incidents like this that make joining the Angling Trust worthwhile. Forget the politics, just do it so that Fish Legal (formerly the ACA) has the funds to fight cases like this. It's no good wringing our hands and shaking our heads, we're in a position to actually do something about it.

[/soapbox]

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

What is cyanide actually used for?

Cadmium plating, a process that makes nuts & bolts shiny and corrosion resistant. I had thought that alternative means had been developed and the use of cyanide banned, but apparently not.

"Cadmium is electrodeposited on the metal article from an electrolyte solution of cadmium salts in barrels or vats. These electrolyte solutions are nearly always based on the alkaline cyanide system. Other solution types are used, such as those based on fluoroborates, but these have not proved popular as they lack the excellent combination of brightness, covering power, throwing power and wide operating parameters of the alkaline cyanide system. When a current is passed through the electrolyte, cadmium is electrodeposited on the metal article at the cathode and cadmium from the anode goes into solution. Large or delicate articles are attached to racks and vat-plated whilst small components, such as bolts, washers, nuts, springs and clips can be vat-plated in drum cages or plated in a rotating barrel. "

It's never a 'six', let's put it back