If you could join FACT as an individual, would you join?

trent.barbeler

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter, ANY Organisation that does this is the SAME as the CA, not better, or worse.

At least you can join the CA as an individual member.

Being able to support any Organisation by membership, preferably with a financial donation, is a true sign of committed support.

If FACT is just going to be an "umbrella" Organisation representing a number of other Organisations, with subscription paying Members, then it will be just the same as all that has been before it and probably doomed to the same fate.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

CAFE chesters1 anglers for europe ,i represent 15 mil anglers

only £10 a year and get free insults

£15 a year gives you the full membership which allows you to scorn other groups

£20 for premium membership this includes scorn ,backstabbing ,splintering off into other groups and power struggles within the upper etchelons :)

£25 for all the above + exclusive help from god ,Allah and one other diety of your choice and the added ability to talk down to others without having to justify anything :):)

pay online and get free "authorisation" policy ,this gives you the right to give authorisation to use your name (for a fee) for just about anything ,this also gives you the right to ridicule any group having the same amenities but not having your authorisation and to put within the press statements that such groups unless "authorised" by yourself are unsafe ,insecure and open to infiltration by pedo's in the case of child tuition etc

[ 24. February 2005, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Dear Peter,

I think you might find that some CA members shoot grouse and are therefore, guilty as charged.

Regards,

Lee.

(Sorry, don't know how to do that technical stuff with quotes, but I am sure someone will tell me)

Now grouse really are nice, much nicer than Canada Geese, or am I off subject again!

Doh

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Just a thought, I wonder if the CA would have come into existance had it not been for the threats to fox hunting?

And if it had, would it have been so keen to encompass angling?

Ofcourse we can only guess but I reckon 'no' would be a pretty fair guess, wouldn't you?

Chester1

I would love the full £25.00 membership but I am worried that the only other member would be Bro X who has obviously joined.

)Look, I,m sorry, I know that I said that I wouldn't carry this on, but its late, I'm tired, had a busy day tugging my forelock and killing all of the endangered species I could assemble. I'll be better tomorrow)

Goodnight

Dave

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

chesters1:

quote:

With Lord Moran at the top, and Jim Glasspool (Secretary of the redoubtable Test & Itchen Association, comprising heavily of owners and lessees, as profiled in 'Fly Fishing & Fly Tying' Magazine's October 2004 edition with the question "Is this the most powerful man in Angling?") as his Number 2, and their similarly minded friends in the Salmon & Trout Association (finally managing, after something like a century of struggle, to come to terms with the concept of coarse fish as something more than just mere removable vermin)..
so were talking game fishing then :confused: we saw what happens to toffs on horses ,toffs with rivers are no safer
Almost correct, Ches'.

I have long been saying - in public and in private - that, in the long term, NOTHING is safe unless LOTS (a significant majority) of people value it / are well-disposed / at least, NOT actively ill-disposed / towards it ('people', here, meaning NOT mere, wretched, unreformable user-addicts, like us).

PS -- Oh yes. Plus summat else I have long said, as someone who has pretty well done it all, not on account of money or connection, but through merely shifting my ass -- make it LOTS easier for fishers and potential fishers (our future) to have a 'go' ... without the disapproving social or financial 'selection board' that debars so many in Britain from doing what they would like to do... Imagine: the minds of the men who created and revolutionized carp fishing - all of British coarse-fishing - over the past fifty years being alllowed a free run at spotties with the fly...

Exit all the ancient snobbery. Exit minding one's P's and Q's. Exit shafting your fellow-fishers just to get briefly ahead, to get your string pulled, exclusively, in private... Imagine.

I tried, I tried...

[ 24. February 2005, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Paul Boote ]

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Dear Brian,

You said;

"If FACT is just going to be an "umbrella" Organisation representing a number of other Organisations, with subscription paying Members, then it will be just the same as all that has been before it and probably doomed to the same fate."

I share that concern Brian. So do others inside FACT as well from information I've received. This remains the shaft of light cascading through the church window I base my FACT faith upon. Namely there "is" a real desire for change in how our national umbrella organisation is structured. Any changes will be slow in coming however. Whilst I personally find this frustrating, I accept fully that any changing process needs to be conducted at a slow pace due to the complexity for those involved. But where there’s a will, there’s a way. FACT people have come a long way after following many paths over many pitfalls. The journey has been long and undoubtedly arduous. Make no mistake though that those concerned so far are still there pitching in together to make the unity dream a reality. That’s the main thing, that they are still there sitting around the same table.

It want to ultimately see the UK have its own umbrella organisation open to all. I see FACT being the nucleus for that dream, that challenge. In the meantime, lets not forget that FACT continues to undertake valuable work for us all.

Regards,

Lee.

I'll gladly support anything which positively develops angling as a sport and ensures it gets fair treatment against other sports.

I will not, however, support an individual who treats membership of an organisation merely as an ego-trip, as has sadly seemed to be the case in the past.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine