Cod, off the menu

barry luxton

Gone off topic, unfortunatly.

Please don't big up your web site on my behalf. Couple of years ago you invited me to join, however at that time i declined. The reason then and as now is your boat fishing section is severly contrained in the type of fishing you do. The majority is targeting codling with the odd cod thrown in, drifting. As i have told you previous, in the channel there is a huge diversity of specis and for a great part decent sized fish compared with your normal boat fishing landings of 95% codling and again the odd cod. No thanks.

John Brennan and myself before he sadly left us was planning to do just that, some decent boat fishing off your coast. It's a shame it didn't come to fruition as he certainly beleived that they are there, as do i. So as you can see my friend, it's not me that is lacking. All i need is some forward thinking skipper as he was and i would be up there.

Something constructive, short memory? I think i put up a couple of posts this year showing newbies to the sport of boat fishing and to their success in the first catches, happens quite alot from my point of view and i also enjoy doing it, always willing to lend a hand. Give us a shout if your stuck. :)

I dont need to tell you anything about our site Barry as I know you read it daily. If ever I make a comment on there, you quickly post it on here as if you have made some major news release. I Think you also confuse our site with the charter skippers site Barry. The private boat owners target a diversity of different species and they do it well :

We dont need to big the site up as the lads catching the fish do the talking.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/boat-fis...lack-report.php

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...hp?topic=1241.0

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...p?topic=11678.0

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-ea...g-on-shytorque/

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/north-ea...hing-at-whitby/

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...p?topic=11009.0

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...p?topic=11762.0

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

think you meant to put Barry's name there instead of mine Paul

no problem, been called worse than that, Brian's a nice name. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge
no problem, been called worse than that, Brian's a nice name. :D

Hi Barry,

I honestly think that any body who is seriously thinking about angling in the future must take seriously any sort of diversity in there fishing methods and what they catch.

Charter skippers have for a few years been looking at other fisheries, shark fishing being just one of them in this part of the world.

But at the end of the day it is the demands of the angler that controls what the skipper’s target. So it not just the skippers that need encouraging to diversify but more so the anglers.

The popularity of kayak fishing has opened a completely new dimension to fishing along our coast. The great success that this type of angling has witnessed and the total diversity on the amount of different spices that have been caught has been a great achievement on the part of the pioneers of this method of angling along our coast. One that I hope doesn’t go unnoticed in any future legislation.

Traditional drift fishing for cod is very successful and has always been a hot favourite with anglers. That’s not to say that other types of fishing could not become as popular in the future. Kayak fishing is proving that anglers will change the ways they fish (at certain times of year) and immensely enjoy there fishing and the different types of enjoyment they can get from it.

Regards.

Hi Barry,

I honestly think that any body who is seriously thinking about angling in the future must take seriously any sort of diversity in there fishing methods and what they catch.

Charter skippers have for a few years been looking at other fisheries, shark fishing being just one of them in this part of the world.

But at the end of the day it is the demands of the angler that controls what the skipper’s target. So it not just the skippers that need encouraging to diversify but more so the anglers.

The popularity of kayak fishing has opened a completely new dimension to fishing along our coast. The great success that this type of angling has witnessed and the total diversity on the amount of different spices that have been caught has been a great achievement on the part of the pioneers of this method of angling along our coast. One that I hope doesn’t go unnoticed in any future legislation.

Traditional drift fishing for cod is very successful and has always been a hot favourite with anglers. That’s not to say that other types of fishing could not become as popular in the future. Kayak fishing is proving that anglers will change the ways they fish (at certain times of year) and immensely enjoy there fishing and the different types of enjoyment they can get from it.

Regards.

Hiyer Challenge, i wasn't ignoring you on the sea forum, honest, just didn't have time to reply with all this political palava in the last few days. :) Yes iv'e had a few cod this year in the channel, left enough for the french hopefully to prevent them from coming out on strike. As i said, it's a shame John ain't with us as he certainly had a few ideas. Based on his success with the cheiften his new boat would have worked. That i have no doubt.

Yes drifting for the codling and cod was and is great fishing, you must know me by now, there is definatly more out there. Like you say, the big ling just lay on the wrecks, no one fishes for them, nor do i beleive they are fished out. With the conger as well, scotland can produce some, the south can so there are definatly stocks of them in the north sea. No one really fishes for them at the top end of the channel. They are there and anyone who hooks one in the shallow water will certainly have a bit of sport, if it's half decent.

Perhaps a lot of anglers, don't realise what it's like to pull up a few conger in a trip, just wondering how many have actually caught one. Again along with the large ling. I just know they are up off your coast. Cheers.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest challenge

Hi again Barry.

Yes I also believe that there are congers in this part of the world. We caught plenty of them in the trawl in this part of the world. People working pot’s and fish traps on wreckage have caught plenty and I know of divers who have said they have seen plenty when diving on wrecks. As you say we just need the expertise and somebody to give it a decent go.

Glad to here that you are still pulling the cod out of the channel.

Regards.

Whitby has to be the top halibut port in the uk and people are even trying for them.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/HALIBUT...Y-t2214745.html

paul.

You need to keep that quiet Big Cod as Halibut are on the endangered list and along with your large catches of endangered cod Natural England will designate all the grounds around Whitby as a Highly Protected Area (defiantly no take zone).

I fish to live and live to fish.

You need to keep that quiet Big Cod as Halibut are on the endangered list and along with your large catches of endangered cod Natural England will designate all the grounds around Whitby as a Highly Protected Area (defiantly no take zone).

Just starting to happen, according to the article it's with agreement of the commercial and recreational sectors, wonder who could that be.

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...rough_Head.html

Hang on peter halibut are knacker deep here of whitby compaired to the rest of country ;) as to the proposed no take zone of flamborough i hope all the potts of flamborough end up off whitby we will have the best conservation area for cod in the world no trawling but how will it take to bring all those 30lbers back but on a serious note it will affect lot of peoples livelyhoods.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg