Britannia Rules the Waves?

ColinW

Guest Brumagem Phil
Ah yes the french did a really good job french special forces botch pirate raid I suppose one in five isn't to bad odds as long as it isn't you thats the one.

As for storming into Eyl and killing them all can i refer you again to this

Yeah, the Yanks kicked butt (as usual) but the problem is they lost a few (18 isn't exactly a huge number given the huge casualties inflicted on the enemy). That's the problem these days, 'we' seem incapable of accepting losses in warfare. Everything has a price and everything carries risk. I'd rather see our forces acting with a clear message........mess with us and we'll kill you.........the gutless somalis will think twice about boarding a UK flagged ship in future if they really thought the foray might cost them their lives.

IMO anyway.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Yanks kicked butt (as usual) but the problem is they lost a few (18 isn't exactly a huge number given the huge casualties inflicted on the enemy). That's the problem these days, 'we' seem incapable of accepting losses in warfare. Everything has a price and everything carries risk. I'd rather see our forces acting with a clear message........mess with us and we'll kill you.........the gutless somalis will think twice about boarding a UK flagged ship in future if they really thought the foray might cost them their lives.

IMO anyway.

and you know that Somali pirates are gutless because,,,,,,,,?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

IMO anyway.

Unfortunately the Somalis aren't gutless, perhaps if they were the Americans wouldn't have lost 19 men including 6 delta operatives, they had no qualms about tangling with the biggest superpower in the world do you honestly think they'd still think twice about attacking us, its also very easy to say storm the port & kill em all when its not you doing the storming.

Guest Brumagem Phil
and you know that Somali pirates are gutless because,,,,,,,,?

I'd hardly call boarding a small sailing vessel and kidnapping an elderly couple an act of great bravado. One wonders if they'd have still been so keen to board it if there was a risk it was crewed by the SAS?

I'd hardly call boarding a small sailing vessel and kidnapping an elderly couple an act of great bravado. One wonders if they'd have still been so keen to board it if there was a risk it was crewed by the SAS?

Or the SBS....The pirates are holding 117 hostages in 9 container ships.

Ransome demands are expected tomorrow.

<_<

1509tarpon_75_.gif

Or the SBS....The pirates are holding 117 hostages in 9 container ships.

Ransome demands are expected tomorrow.

<_<

The only reason they carry on is because they're making money out of it. Stop paying ransoms and it will stop because it doesn't pay. It's exactly the same reason why there aren't hundreds of plane hijackings all the time - because the authorities won't pay ransoms.

I'd personally be quite happy for the navy (or a UN Navy) to patrol the waters and tackle any pirate boats or hijackings by direct action. Lives will undoubtedly be lost but they are now and whilst we pander to the pirates they will carry on being lost.

Rob

its also very easy to say storm the port & kill em all when its not you doing the storming.

True, but ask our special forces what they'd rather be doing; watching it all on the news, or getting stuck in?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The only reason they carry on is because they're making money out of it. Stop paying ransoms and it will stop because it doesn't pay. It's exactly the same reason why there aren't hundreds of plane hijackings all the time - because the authorities won't pay ransoms.

I'd personally be quite happy for the navy (or a UN Navy) to patrol the waters and tackle any pirate boats or hijackings by direct action. Lives will undoubtedly be lost but they are now and whilst we pander to the pirates they will carry on being lost.

Rob

plane hijackings have almost stopped not because its less fruitful (come over here after hijacking a plane and the gov bends over backwards to reward you) just that's its far harder to do ;)

its even openly advertised for future hijackers (if they can get past security) how to get away with it

http://migration.ucdavis.edu/mn/more.php?id=2048_0_4_0

they may not get "money" (as in a cash lump sum) from the gov but the gov will speak to them and pretty much give them anything they wish ,they no doubt speak to kidnappers as well worldwide but behind the scenes ofcourse .in both cases theres something to be made out of it especially talking to our soft leaders.

i dont know why the gov dont just say "anyone can come here if they wish no reasons needed if they dont like it we'l pay your fares and expenses home" instead they say something else to the masses but act exactly as if they had said it anyway

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson