Deluxe Floats

Jeffwill

I sure have problems with it Budgie. When I say I cant go down the river with just one rod and reel you may know what I mean.

I take too much gear, I know I do but can't help it.

I use the logic that I may need them so take a feeder rod, float rod and maybe another rod just for luck, same applies to reels, can't be sure what may happen so I take more than one and also spools too.

Get the gear just so, all packed nice and neat ready for the next day and something just pops into my head and wham I can't go.

In fact it's worse than that, sometimes I go but worry that Im gone too long, I dont feel safe out side the house and 'have to get back' to where I know I feel safe. Its as if Im being stalked by someone, and I know who it is.... it's me and my confused head Budgie.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure have problems with it Budgie. When I say I cant go down the river with just one rod and reel you may know what I mean.

I take too much gear, I know I do but can't help it.

I use the logic that I may need them so take a feeder rod, float rod and maybe another rod just for luck, same applies to reels, can't be sure what may happen so I take more than one and also spools too.

Get the gear just so, all packed nice and neat ready for the next day and something just pops into my head and wham I can't go.

In fact it's worse than that, sometimes I go but worry that Im gone too long, I dont feel safe out side the house and 'have to get back' to where I know I feel safe. Its as if Im being stalked by someone, and I know who it is.... it's me and my confused head Budgie.

i can understand that hermes ,as i'm somewhat that way myself ,i have to organise my trips ,i always take too much stuff including extra spools and reel just in case ,i even take a change of clothes .i have too have everything organised and stored & labled ,even too the point of sitting for hours sometimes sorting screws by size ,head type (flat or domed) ,and type (self tapping etc) all sorted into little draws seporated into sections , i throw very little away and will stip things down too extract all screws etc ,i'm the same at work i'm a office cleaner these days and i have too have everything stored in order and i even fold the bin bags and stack into seporate piles ,everything has its place in my stock cuboards and i have too have extra stock .

My real 'fetish' is for flutted avon type floats, now they really float my boat mates.

not that i encourage lost causes ,but your welcome too a prototype fluted avon i've made ,but after i've tested it at timsbury

DSCF1605-1.jpg

its styrofoam fluted body on a cane (for added strength) although the styrofoam is waterproof the float has a outer coating too help protect the delicate fines .,and your welcome too have it after my timsbury trip too field test and add too your collection .

its from a recent batch of special's & test pieces ,including my new found love of cork (always had a love / hate relationship with it in the past ,the bobber on the left is cork and the centre avon is obviousley cork on quill

DSCF1606-1.jpg

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Hi Steve, I would love to take you up that offer of the flutted float for me to drool over!

Just let me know how I can pay for it and the postage mate, perhaps Paypal?

Anway, I simply lurve flutted floats, I don't really know why to be honest.

I have some of the old Camafloat ones, short no stem and grey finish but there just too old and nice to use in anger.

The thing I can't get my head around is the flutting itself, how to make the shape evenly round the float.

Thanks for the kind offer, Im looking forward to you going fishing now!

Cheers

Paul

I use fluted floats a great deal for most of my trotting however I find that an alloy wire stem makes them much more stable in most circumstances...

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Camo floats? Now you're talking! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Camo floats? Now you're talking! :D

Elton ,

you can have the one in the picture ,its only cammo ,because i snapped the crowquill origanally in the body and the body was slightly damaged ,a clumsy size 9 will do that too a poor under troden float so i re-cycled it ( see i dont throw nothing away ) re worked the body a bit mainly drilling out the quill ,fitting new stem & tip all different coloured materials so too disguise the frankenstained odd job i went mad and got me pait set out ,not brilliant but nice enough ,its destined for the spare's draw (as i most probably wont ever use it myself) .So just for you its yours if you want it ,just Pm me where too send it

DSCF1606-1.jpg

i mostley use the ones on the right ,my standard fare ,the blue foam fluted ones will be made with green foam actually when i come too it and the cork one with the fish on it ,was a treat to myself ,i found four old corks ,one exploded ,two had damaged ends so became bobbers (on porcupine) and the best ,after 1 transfer & 10 coats of hi-gloss varnish become this

DSCF1606-3.jpg for my timsbury trip

its re-enfused me with cork as a material again ,so will probably get some in for a range next year ,as i'd decided too step up my floatmaking into a more commercial basis ,instead of just doing the odd ones for me or friends and still in the process of tooling up and standardising everything for consistancy & formalising a range / design or two ,too concentrate on thats as origanal as can be for generic floats ,so at some point next year ,you see "Chavender Floats" appear nothing too extravagant just good working floats .some balsa ,some foam based ,some cork with some specials thrown in when the mood takes me .

its all slowley comming together and looking good .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

its all slowley comming together and looking good .

It is indeed Chavender, pop me in the order book will you. I'd like to have a go at this so I'm building up the cork stock, tonight a Shiraz cork will become available.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back