Angling Trust Forum

Elton

Hi Reg, can you show us how and why they can improve our sport. What sort of agenda do they have for the rsa.

I know nothinng of their aganda Barry, I hope that they realize anglers care about our seas and want to preserve the bio-diversity of our wildlife both on land and in the river/seas. That is important to everyone.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaffa, This one is for you- Golden Mile

As a boat angler, the Golden Mile will do nothing for me at all. I generally fish between 3nm to 12nm, I only fish closer in for the occasional Plaice drifting trip, but that is it.

As an angler in general I think it will be of great benefit to the sport, the shore and small boat anglers deserve an area allocated to them. I believe that area is for the particpation of the sport rather than a no go for commercial fishing. They are anglers so I would support it. I also agree with regaining the use of all beaches, peirs and harbour arms because that is where grass roots fishing starts, that is where I started, and stayed for 20 years. The chances are that the shore sport will improve considerably.

Steve,

I have now come to the conclusion that I do not know enough to represent anglers at that level, I've just started to find out how hard it is to make the correct decisions. All I have is passion for my sport, for my fellow angler and for the ideals of Unity amongst anglers. Is that enough, no it is not, I have a lot to learn right now. The last thing I need is to take this massive task on, the thought of harming our sport and saying the wrong things at the wrong times to the wrong people, to be honest, frightens me. There are far more important people out there who could and are doing a better job than me. Look at how easy it was for you to pick holes in my words, passion is not enough.

I will do what I can to help anglers, if they ask me, but I am just an angler Steve.

What a shame it is that some of the people already speaking on our behalf didn't show the same consideration for their fellow anglers as you have, Reg.

I read your response post to Wayne and I'm puzzled by one thing. You have said that you have issues with the old NFSA, yet you are using still them as your main source of information. It would be a sin if all the passion you display was wasted because you were being given the wrong information, (and you are), and falsely reassured.

You also say, in response to Barry, that you don't know anything of the Angling Trust's agenda with regard to sea angling, yet you have come onto this forum specifically to promote the Angling Trust. I've said before that you obviously mean well and are very passionate about your sport, but you aren't doing sea angling any favours by promoting something that is quite likely to do damage to our sport if it continues as it is now.

I've taken the following quote from your response post to Jaffa, regarding the so called 'Golden Mile';

As an angler in general I think it will be of great benefit to the sport, the shore and small boat anglers deserve an area allocated to them. I believe that area is for the particpation of the sport rather than a no go for commercial fishing.
As you know, Reg, sea anglers, (boat and shore), can more or less go and fish where ever they like right now. The 'Golden Mile' won't, and can't, improve that - but it could quite easily be the end of it.

Don't waste your passion, Reg. Look beyond what you are being told and ask plenty of questions. You'll soon learn who the romancers are, because they will be the ones who don't, or can't, answer them.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Jaffa, This one is for you- Golden Mile

As a boat angler, the Golden Mile will do nothing for me at all. I generally fish between 3nm to 12nm, I only fish closer in for the occasional Plaice drifting trip, but that is it.

As an angler in general I think it will be of great benefit to the sport, the shore and small boat anglers deserve an area allocated to them. I believe that area is for the particpation of the sport rather than a no go for commercial fishing. They are anglers so I would support it. I also agree with regaining the use of all beaches, peirs and harbour arms because that is where grass roots fishing starts, that is where I started, and stayed for 20 years. The chances are that the shore sport will improve considerably.

I'm the same as you Reg, most of my angling is offshore. Im not so selfish as to not care about inshore marks, because i do. I care very much and have great concern about the rest of the rsa. And as such the biggest thing that is bugging me, very big time is the recommendation by the A T to go through the mcs to register their votes etc with regards to the mcz's that this useless government are imposing on us. Do me a great service as a fellow angler and log onto the mcs site and have a good look at their set up. Most of their jewel's are asking for them to be ntz's. I have mentioned this numerous times before. This is what the A T and the mcs are party to. they will be wittingly or unwittingly i hope in the A T's case, in CLOSING down areas to the angler. This is what is going to happen Reg. Most of the areas are not trawled or dragged in any event. You must begin to understand this or you will be in the same class as the do gooders and do more harm then good.The mcs have only one agenda and that is restriction Reg.

As i am not a selfish angler Reg, this is something that i care very much about. I can't put it any plainer than that. I hope you can understand exactly where i am coming from, this is why i am so very angry about any restrictions. If the eu, the government and the rest use taxpayers money into targeting what is wrong with the seas around our shores and further afield instead of pratting around, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

What do you recon Reg, the rsa to be consulted or the A T to be dammed.This time it will affect charter boat skippers as well.

copy re article 47 petition

Just received my copy by email. With regards to article 55 i see the A T has the government's attention. So will they be contacting those who it claims to represent before they again approach the government with what they see as thier ideas for 55. It would be nice if the rsa are asked for their opinion this time don't you think. As far as i'm concerned this is the A T's last chance.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Was just looking at the Angling Trust strategy:

• Protect fish stocks from commercial overfishing by reforming the Common Fisheries Policy and enforcing existing legislation;

• Implement the Water Framework Directive to address diffuse pollution, low river flows and habitat damage;

• Allow greater controls of cormorants by anglers suffering excessive fish predation on their waters;

• Provide more accountability about how anglers’ £26million from freshwater rod licences is actually spent;

• Stop the march of non-native invasive species such as signal crayfish, giant hogweed and floating pennywort;

• Ensure that none of the thousands of new hydropower installations planned on our rivers damages fisheries;

• Protect the rights of anglers to go fishing and to access piers, ponds and to park near beaches;

• Support efforts to encourage more people to get into fishing;

• Protect fish from diseases imported from abroad.

I thought it was already government policy to control invasive species and avoid importing disease? And I was under the impression that the timetable for implementing the Water Framework Directive already exists and is mandatory and legally binding under EU law?

I thought it was already government policy to control invasive species and avoid importing disease? And I was under the impression that the timetable for implementing the Water Framework Directive already exists and is mandatory and legally binding under EU law?

Quite right Steve and most of the other points as well.

The most important one of their points that isn't down to the government is "Protect the rights of anglers to go fishing"...........that would be nice......even nicer if we were allowed to eat what we catch if we want to!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I don't think I said anything terrible, either.

"Steve's right..." - can't have been good for you if the head of the AT was agreeing with you :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Quote:

Roll on the day when we have 1,000,000 members!

Who will be first Anglers Net or the A T :D

Edited by barry luxton