Angling Trust Forum

Elton

Jaffa, This one is for you- Golden Mile

As a boat angler, the Golden Mile will do nothing for me at all. I generally fish between 3nm to 12nm, I only fish closer in for the occasional Plaice drifting trip, but that is it.

As an angler in general I think it will be of great benefit to the sport, the shore and small boat anglers deserve an area allocated to them. I believe that area is for the particpation of the sport rather than a no go for commercial fishing. They are anglers so I would support it. I also agree with regaining the use of all beaches, peirs and harbour arms because that is where grass roots fishing starts, that is where I started, and stayed for 20 years. The chances are that the shore sport will improve considerably.

So the Golden mile does not actually effect you either way but your for it because it will help others.

Not being funny, but does that mean you have not really given it much thought?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it openned in December the AT forum has reached the grand total of 119 members. Between 7th January and 2nd February AnglersNet forum gained 150 new members, tells it's own story - folk don't trust the AT.

Since it openned in December the AT forum has reached the grand total of 119 members. Between 7th January and 2nd February AnglersNet forum gained 150 new members, tells it's own story - folk don't trust the AT.

It's called getting value for your money and knowing where your breads buttered. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

:D Got a foto that i would like to share with the Guys on the A T, however i can't put it on their forum as supprise supprise, i'm not a member. Can anyone help out and share it, put it within the otters update topic. Thanks in anticipation. :D

devon_pic_large.jpg

quote: Re: Otters update please

andy hull Today at 7:50 pm

Otter numbers need to be controlled just as other species are controlled. Few object to deer numbers being controlled.

There's very little natural about the number of otters in the Wensum valley. There's nothing natural about otters being there at all, they've been introduced. Into a river system which has suffered for years with poor recruitment of fish, is now losing it's specimens too and at an alarming rate.

We may find a balance, but that will be at the cost of hundreds of fisheries, simple economics few fisheries can survive without carp. Big irreplaceable carp.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

few fisheries can survive without carp. Big irreplaceable carp.

Perhaps I'm missing something here.......isn't that precisely what does happen......when big carp die through being poisoned, fished to exhaustion or eaten by predators, more are bought from a fish farm stuffed full of the things fattened up for that very reason.

I think it's why they're called stocked fisheries.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Another persistent anti-otter poster.....

But its not hard to see the effects of Otter Predation on places like Adams Mill (the Ouse or The Backmeadow (River Ivel).

All you can go by is Dead Fish found on the Bank (fish you have caught) and the lack of fish in the section you know well

It all rather comes down to this concentrated targeting of known fish again doesn't it? Knowing the individual fish that get found on the river bank? Bloody hell, that's some concentrated fishing effort. When are some anglers going to realise that the constant targeting of the same fish in the same stretch of water will have a detrimental effect on those fish? Plus of course the poor insignificant little sub 10lbers that must get caught and released on an even more regular basis.............I suppose the answer to that is never as long as there are otters to blame :wallbash:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

According to your post tonight on the A T forum Leon, you haven't in fact retired, however you appear to be repping the rsa. Can you confirm? Are you repping, acting for the rsa behind closed doors. Did you have any influence regarding the common eel debarcle. Was you involved with the Christchurch issue where no evidence was issed. I think you really do need to make a statement if you are in fact repping the rsa.

Sorry about the long quote, the juicy bit is near the bottom.

Quote:

Re: IFCAs are a'coming

I have found the first stumbling blocks in joining IFCA's.

Hi Reg,

At my last SFC meeting the agenda was:

1 Estimated Budget Outturn 2009/2010

2 Staff Pay Scales

3 Budget and Levies 2010-2011 and Medium Term Plan 2011-2012: 2012-2013

4 Draft Audit Plan 2010-2011

5 Marine Act - IFCA TRansition

6 Oysters

7 Report of Common Fisheries Policy

8 SAC and SPA Consultation (Marine Protected Areas)

9 Marine Planning Issues

10 Replacement of Inshore Patrol Vessel

11 Cockle Fishery Management

12 MSC Accreditation (probably bass, thornbacks and sole)

13 Sustainable Access to Inshore Fisheries (SAIF)

14 London Gateway (Thames estuary dredging and port development)

15 Quotas

16 River Roach Oyster Fishery

- Reports from Fishery Officers and the Associationj of Sea Fisheries Committees (7 reports)

And items held 'in camera'

- Staff Pension

- Cockle licences

A week before the meeting a pile of papers is sent to each committee member and a decision has to be made on each item presented.

So as well as the day spent attending the meeting, and debating and voting on each item, there is a considerable amount of reading and research required and consultation with others beforehand, then after the meeting, post-meeting reporting and follow-ups.

So, not too much to do really when compared to other AT meetings with DEFRA, NGOs etc, identifying and responding to consultations, as well as internal AT meetings and communications etc, and plenty of work regarding MCZs etc coming our way too

Remember:

Many hands make light work

but

Many hands to the pump are needed, or we sink!

There's but a small difference between arguing and persuading.

Many can't tell the difference at all.

Except for the outcome.

Leon Roskilly

Membership No.: 66

Edited by barry luxton

According to your post tonight on the A T forum Leon, you haven't in fact retired,

Hi Barry,

I've been collecting my retirement pension since January 2004 (I was retired aged 60, and I've not been employed since).

:)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi Barry,

I've been collecting my retirement pension since January 2004 (I was retired aged 60, and I've not been employed since).

:)

Are you repping B)