another load of busters browns

barry luxton

Leon kindly sent this as an email. I was so disgusted i had to post it for all to read. Yet another example of the reps getting their own way to the detriment of anglers. This time it's the mullet club. The suits proberbly listening to unfounded lies came up with a draconian plan that will affect all anglers alike. Boat licences, permits for kids, what will these nutters think of next. Within the topic the blame of fish stock demise is put down to illegal fishing so all will suffer. I have never had the chance to fish at Christchurch, now i know i never will. Wondering how many anglers will feel the same. Hopefully many thousands with a bit of luck.

The rsa ain't broke. These guys certainly know how to damage it though. They are living in a blo@@dy dream world.

http://www.bwhwater.co.uk/net-control/user...file/h19032.pdf

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leon kindly sent this as an email. I was so disgusted i had to post it for all to read. Yet another example of the reps getting their own way to the detriment of anglers. This time it's the mullet club. The suits proberbly listening to unfounded lies came up with a draconian plan that will affect all anglers alike. Boat licences, permits for kids, what will these nutters think of next. Within the topic the blame of fish stock demise is put down to illegal fishing so all will suffer. I have never had the chance to fish at Christchurch, now i know i never will. Wondering how many anglers will feel the same. Hopefully many thousands with a bit of luck.

The rsa ain't broke. These guys certainly know how to damage it though. They are living in a blo@@dy dream world.

http://www.bwhwater.co.uk/net-control/user...file/h19032.pdf

Oh my God. Yet another example of a few selfish, eccentric, specimen hunters wanting the fish all to themselves - and getting their own way. These cranks actually welcome these restrictions, too. If they are so concerned about the supposed decline in numbers, why are they still fishing for them? Surely, if they were worried about the fish, they would leave them in peace. But, of course, this isn't about what's best for the fish. It's about a very small number of busy bodies, (the NMC had less than 100 members last time I could be bothered to look), imposing their selfish ideals on everyone else. Where will all this end?

If ordinary anglers don't start speaking up soon, the decision makers will think that the few nut cases they speak to really do represent all of us.

What makes matters even worse is, they consider themselves superior to ordinary anglers - yet it is them who are slowly destroying the sport of angling.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Please tell me that that document is a joke, put up there to trick us into making comments about it.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have never had the chance to fish at Christchurch, now i know i never will.

It's a magical place to fish Barry.

You might put out a bait for bass, hook into a fish that just keeps going making you think that you have the mother of all mullet, only to find 20 minutes later that it's a double figure carp!

When I've fished there in the past, I've needed to arrange a day-ticket, which will only be sold if you produce a coarse-fishing rod licence.

These two lucky bods have booked the club boat to fish the river just up from the harbour

4212249551_c7a0e0a369.jpg

The harbour itself is an SSI popular with bird-watchers and is managed by on-site wardens.

In the past both bird-watchers and wardens have had issues with 'disturbance' of anglers, and for a while it was a close-run thing whether anglers would have access to the harbour in future. (note, this is not a man-made harbour but a large area of natural beauty).

The National Mullet Club have put in a lot of work spear-heading the campaign to keep the harbour open to anglers, meeting with all parties involved etc.

This paper puts forward most of the history, and information: http://thenationalmulletclub.org/Christchurchpaper.pdf

To fish it well, you really need to understand the place, or be with someone who does.

Strangely, high tide-comes, the water starts going out, changes it's mind and comes back in again shortly afterwards!

And you never know quite what you may be sharing your swim with!

4212250417_95ab3dedfd.jpg

I really do hope that they can bring the fishery back to the standard when its reputation was legendary.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I dont understand this can you cleverer guys please help-

1. What is the "illegal rod and line fishing" they talk about?

2. Day tickets etc to fish in salt water for a saltwater fish?

3. As most Mullet anglers I know release their catch anyway how has sport fishing caused/added to a decline.

4. I can understand a charge to keep a boat in a harbour,maybe a charge for anglers to actually have acsess to the harbour structure but surely as the fish come and go with the tide they cant be charged to fish for them?

5. I thought the big problem with mullet has been the increased attention theyve recieved in recent years from the previously relatively uninterested commercial boys?

6. Is this for real?

7. Are any one species angling organisations for real?

8. Are anglers so short sighted and selfish?

9. Why other than for selfish "control" reasons would anyone onterested in Mullet sugest any of this.

The Cod fishing of my once prolific South East Coast beaches has been bu@@ered for years now.Should we have made Dungie syndicate only and issued day tickets at Dengemarsh? That would have saved the fishing for cod would it? Bolllo I say!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I really do hope that they can bring the fishery back to the standard when its reputation was legendary.

Not that it'll make much difference. They'll have probably got angling banned there by then. Looks like they're 75% of the way there already!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Not that it'll make much difference. They'll have probably got angling banned there by then. Looks like they're 75% of the way there already!

That was just a token gesture excuse, Elton. An attempt to justify what they have done.

If the NMC were so concerned about the mullet, they would have accepted a complete fishing ban. At least everyone would have known where they stand. What they have done instead is confused the issue and set a very dangerous precedent. If this is deemed as acceptable, it won't take too much imagination to work out under what conditions we might be allowed to fish in other 'protected' areas. This is an example of how a very small number of eccentrics can impose their will on everyone else. You can fish, as long as it's under THEIR conditions.

They are, no doubt all patting themselves on the back - too shortsighted and blinkered to see what damage they have done to the sport of angling by willingly accepting a saltwater licence and compulsory catch and release. What bothers me even more, though, is that some of these muppets are currently representing ALL anglers through the Angling Trust.

If anyone wants anglers banned from an area, let them ban us. Then let the anglers respond accordingly. By a few eccentrics accepting terms and conditions, our position is weakened considerably. But then, this was always the idea of some misprepresentatives. Their idea of utopia was, and is, to have areas where everyone had to fish under their conditions. You've only got to look at some of the rubbish they've produced over the years to see that. The RSA strategy, codes of conduct, Leon's MPA 'discussion' paper, etc, etc.

The NMC's promotes compulsory catch and release for mullet, even thoug every estuary, harbour and muddy creek is stuffed full of very big mullet. From this you can see that their aims aren't so much aimed at conservation of mullet, but the control of anglers.

With people like the this fighting our corner via our one and only representative body, the sooner the Angling Trust folds, the better.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

It's a magical place to fish Barry.

The harbour itself is an SSI popular with bird-watchers and is managed by on-site wardens.

In the past both bird-watchers and wardens have had issues with 'disturbance' of anglers, and for a while it was a close-run thing whether anglers would have access to the harbour in future. (note, this is not a man-made harbour but a large area of natural beauty).

The National Mullet Club have put in a lot of work spear-heading the campaign to keep the harbour open to anglers, meeting with all parties involved etc.

I don't doubt it's a nice place to fish, or was. Just like every where else in the uk until It was given away to the usless crowd who are now are ruining it and are having a healthy living while doing so.

This whole thing don't add up. It's watched by on site wardens. What the heck were they doing when all this illegal fishing, angling was being carried out then. Link us to the newspaper articles of this illegal activity. Link us to the sfc meetings to discuss this issue. Link us to the discussions that the mullet club had with other angling org's please. Any prosecutions noted and or was the sentances too light then as obviously this place has been fished out allegedly. Never heard of a shortage of mullet and bass before, what do the sfc say about that. Is that a new one on defra as well. Where are the before and after figures to bring in such draconian measures.

Bring it back to it's glory for who, half a dozen club members. Or appease the twitchers and ban angling for all, the mullet club shouldn't have botherd, there may well have been a better reaction if the twitchers had banned angling full stop. This is the very thing that will 'p' off anglers and it aint stopping. This is just the start of the restrictions, and it's disgusting that the few who are 'in' are treading over all, show us the proof, that it was caused by the very people who are now going to be controlled Leon. Thats what is being damaged.

This is what is going to happen with the mcz's by the few against the masses and it will 'irritate' a lot of innocent rsa in the process for no improvement at all, just like 5 years of lundy. You know that as well as everyone else.

Don't matter too much to me Leon as i just bu@@er off on a boat and i can carry out my sport without hinderance, bit selfish i know. I won't let the do gooders interfere with that, i can assure you.

However i do feel sorry for the shore angler and the inshore guys who are now going through this nightmare for bu@@er all.

It won't make it better in the grand scheme of things as we are all aware. Twiddling and fiddling.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Blimy Steve your inside my brain again. :D Nice to see a horrifeid responce by the AT regarding whats happend, don't think it will happen though, any bets. :g: