Weather

Sportsman

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

burn more buy old cars and cook with coal :thumbs:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You poor sods; here's a nice warm forecast for you :P :P

http://www.eldersweather.com.au/qld/central-coast/ball-bay

Bit like that here too. It's 39C at the moment but only 35% RH so it's not too bad. Still a bit warm though. :)

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

It seems that we can look forward to sub zero temps for at least another two weeks (it hasn't been above freezing day or night for three weeks already) so things could start to get a bit difficult.

We have oil fired central heating and an oil fired AGA for cooking. The oil levels in the tank are dropping at an alarming rate due to running the heating for so many hours a day to prevent pipes freezing (minus 15' last night)

The problem is that as things are at the moment the oil delivery truck couldn't get up our drive (150yds long, up hill and 3 foot deep snow)

We are also burning coal and logs faster than I like and again re-supply will not be possible.

We have good stocks of food in freezers but are short of fresh veg etc and we will not be able to get a car out unless the snowploughs clear the road outside. Even then we will have to dig the car out.

I am baking bread every day but will soon run out of flour etc.

I have lived up here for 20 years and have never experienced anything like this.

Will be looking for Red Cross parcels any day now, please give generously :P .

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

It seems that we can look forward to sub zero temps for at least another two weeks (it hasn't been above freezing day or night for three weeks already) so things could start to get a bit difficult.

We have oil fired central heating and an oil fired AGA for cooking. The oil levels in the tank are dropping at an alarming rate due to running the heating for so many hours a day to prevent pipes freezing (minus 15' last night)

The problem is that as things are at the moment the oil delivery truck couldn't get up our drive (150yds long, up hill and 3 foot deep snow)

We are also burning coal and logs faster than I like and again re-supply will not be possible.

We have good stocks of food in freezers but are short of fresh veg etc and we will not be able to get a car out unless the snowploughs clear the road outside. Even then we will have to dig the car out.

I am baking bread every day but will soon run out of flour etc.

I have lived up here for 20 years and have never experienced anything like this.

Will be looking for Red Cross parcels any day now, please give generously :P .

Is the road to Balmoral Castle still open? :) I guess that along with many others I have been in your situation; in 1947/48 and 1962/63. In 1947/48 we scraped what was called sea coal off the beaches. There was no coal to be had in the UK because it was all being airlifted to Germany in what was called, "The Berlin Airlift". A desperate political ploy to stop the Russians gaining gaining ground in Germany after the end of WW II. The British Tommy who had just saved the world from Nazi domination was forgotten and he and his family were left to go hungry and cold so that Germans were fed and kept warm. !962/63 wasn't much fun either, but we got through, as I am sure that you will too. Not a lot of fun, but it makes the good times seem better.! :D

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

if you immigrate to an EU country you still get your pension its just a shame its probably half what the locals get :rolleyes:

and you get the rises in your pension, that would get if you were still in the uk.

you are right about the rate of pension chesters.......a sngle person in my region, gets 860€ a month. and double for december, and july......in other words, 14 payments in a 12 month period. also pensioners get subsidised holidays.

Sportsman......if you can get the winter heating allowance, do it before you leave the uk. you can still claim it it abroad.provided you STARTED to claim it before leaving.

you cant begin to recieve it after leaving.

your keyboard probably has the € on it for those without it ctrl + alt +4 ,mine actually has the € sign on the number 4 key its default though is $

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson