94lb Carp!

Chris Plumb

That's huge!!!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'd need a much bigger freezer :P

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I really liked the quote "trying to catch a small hippo with a tennis racket" but good lord, just how much bigger can a carp get?

That truly is a monster gut on that fish.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Boats are those floaty things people sit in to move across the water without getting wet.

That said, the photo appears to have him standing and holding nearly 100 pounds without a sign of strain on his face and without a grip that looks adequate to hold up that much weight.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Boats are those floaty things people sit in to move across the water without getting wet.

That said, the photo appears to have him standing and holding nearly 100 pounds without a sign of strain on his face and without a grip that looks adequate to hold up that much weight.

Agreed, but the guy is (generally) a well known and respected angler and has been fishing that venue for a number of years on and off. Don't like the style of fishing though - they often row out baits into areas of snags or around islands and fish over other 'obstacles'. Hence the necessity to get straight into the boat rather than actually trying to play it from the shore. Still it's horses for courses.

Rob.

Agreed, but the guy is (generally) a well known and respected angler and has been fishing that venue for a number of years on and off. Don't like the style of fishing though - they often row out baits into areas of snags or around islands and fish over other 'obstacles'. Hence the necessity to get straight into the boat rather than actually trying to play it from the shore. Still it's horses for courses.

Interesting – I had no idea people fished like that. I must admit, as the story is clearly written up from an agency piece, I assumed it had probably just got mangled up in the retelling and that he'd most likely actually been talking about a bait boat or something.

Interesting – I had no idea people fished like that. I must admit, as the story is clearly written up from an agency piece, I assumed it had probably just got mangled up in the retelling and that he'd most likely actually been talking about a bait boat or something.

Rainbow lake is notorious for that 'style' of fishing. I've seen maps of the lake and it's a maze of islands and channels - let me see if I can find it...

OK try here - you'll need to click on 'lake views'

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs