B'ham city lake tackle robberies please read

Tony 1

Hi All,

It is quite easy to see why posters would want to swear after reading this and can easily be forgiven.

It is just so sad that this sort of thing goes on in this day and age.

Unfortunately I think that I would have to agree that they will not be punished enough when they do get caught eventually.

Much harder sentences are needed for this kind of thing.

Almost makes one ashamed to be part of the human race sometimes.

My prayers are with your mate in hospital.

........Liam

[ 21. April 2004, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Liamsm ]

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re my reply earlier.It's a sad fact that even if caught,in all probability, one may get done, with the remainder getting off scott free.As i said I have personal experience of it(a group of boys and one girl assulted my wife),One got a fine, the remainder walked. Despite other people seeing the incident,no one came forward,which seems to be the norm nowadays (the I dont want to get involved syndrome)Coupled with Police ineptitude(sorry if anyone one here is with the police),the case against two of the boys was dropped as it took so long to get them to court, they kept absconding from their foster parents!!.As I said,lets hope your mate recovers ok.

Chuby

Tony,

Sorry to hear about your mate, all too frequent occurance these days I'm afraid. I used to fish Salford park myself when I lived in B'ham and remember the CS gas canister incident bluezulu mentions.

Policing around that area is crap and even if these scum get caught it's unlikey they'll get much if any punishment.

Sad society we live in. Hope your mate gets well soon.

Paul

Tony Sorry for your m8 injuries hope he get's well soon. I also mod on another fourm and will put a link from this post there as some of my dig-darkroom friend fish in and around that area.

Best Wishes to you all

MdgFishing

Keeper Of Maggots & Old Codger to Boot

IPB Image

My Fishy Gallery

Best Wishes & Tight Lines

mdgfishing working digi-darkroom.com

mdgfishing@hotmail.com

Thanks for your replies lads. Just like to point out He is not my mate, But the mate of one of the guys on a forum I moderate. I will pass on your messages Via Martin.

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

i was fishing with my younglad[12 year old] once at a local water when i had to nip of for a pee when i left i noticed a gang of youthes about 6 of them just a little bit older than my son comeing along a path towards where we where fishing [my son was mucking around with a net trying to catch fry on a jetty next to where i was fishing] and i thought he will b allright they would have probs seen him with me but to my shock when i came out the toilet they had surrounded my son and where trying to push him in the water but they did not see me coming ... well i got hold of the biggest one and booted him right up the **** u know where. and they all ran away shouting and swearing. now my son will not come fishing with me to that water. its not right little *******. now i was no angel when i was young but there is no way i would have done something like that they are getting worse. i am glad they where not any older cause who knows what they would have done. anyway hope the guy is allright and those scumbags get what they deserve.

Sorry guys, I'm going to upset someone (again) but I've heard this story before, but it was last year and I remember thinking at the time that I'd heard it before even then. It also involved a severe attack by asian youths and the victim was left paralysed and I'm not confusing it with the story about CS gas canisters.

A quick check of Google shows nothing, likeways a quick scan of Brummie newspaper content also shows nothing reported in Salford Park and I would have thought something of this nature would have demanded a higher profile than the zero profile it seems to have achieved. Something like this would have made AM or AT. I may of course be wrong but its not unusual for these stories to have more than a whiff of Hans Christian Andersen about them and there's a faint smell about this one.

I belong to a US banjo forum and there are stories every week about people being ripped off for large sums of money on ebay. Two recent ones involved phantom sellers in Portsmouth and London who were supposed to have advertised a non existent banjo and scarpered with a large sum of money. I knew about the Portsmouth incident but the London one was unknown to me. So I emailed the so-called buyer in Arizona and offered to help. I had visions of turning up on this crook's doorstep in London with two pit bull terriers and a baseball bat and beating the 'lost'$1000 out of his hide (well not quite). The buyer did not respond to my requests for information about the address to which the $1000 was supposed to have been sent and at that stage several other forum members smelled the same rat and got involved. The buyer who had supposedly lost his money now insisted it was actually a friend of a friend and he'd lost the address. Yea right.

The internet is a great place to vent your spleen on just about anything, or just to tell tall or malicious tales. It doesnt have to be true though. Sorry Tony, I don't doubt what you read, just feel uneasy about it being even close to true.

[ 21. April 2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

argyll,I understand your concern, I have no agenda I just copied and pasted it from the forum I moderate. The forum I moderate is Matt Hayes Total Fishing Gear, the link to the thread that is running is below check it out. My reasons for me posting here is that others did not fall victim to this sort of attack,also you will see there is no mention to my knowledge of Asians just youths. If I find out it is someone trying to stir trouble I will not hesitate to ban them. http://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/forumtfg...=2&threadid=968

[ 21. April 2004, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Tony C ]

Regards Tony.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

i thought it rang a bell too, but couldn't remember where i'd seen it, so for once i kept my mouth shut.

[ 21. April 2004, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

Just a thought, can any of the membership in and around brum shed some light on it, I used to live there, but know live in Devon.I have a few contacts still but they have heard nothing.I have done a search of the Evening mail site and no joy like argyll says :confused:

Regards Tony.