environment agency

craig mason

i have had enough of contacting the environment agency about the state of my local river that was once a very good trout stream but is now polluted by the local factorys i have contacted the ea to see what they are doing about this and am getting no responce :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

john wilson is god

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig

The EA tend to follow their own agenda. In my area for instance, there is a quite substantial number of farmers that do little or nothing to prevent toxic subsatnces entering water courses. The EA do little (nothing actually) about it, yet they expend inordinate amounts of money attempting to apprehend Salmon and Sewin poachers. The point is that there are very few of these fish to poach as the rivers are under pressure from .....agricultural effluent named among the items responsible. Common sense aint so common.

If you're getting nowhere Craig contact your MP or the ACA or similar.

The short and easy answer to your problem is to keep a record of the times that you have contacted the EA and then write to your local MP and ask him to investigate why you have not recieved a satisfactory response.

Then sit back and with mild amusement see just how quickly you get a response!!

The EA frequently need this sort of kick up the backside to get them to shift but they do so with commendable speed once MPs and Ministers come into the equation!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Funny thing is, a few fishery owners and club officials have mentioned here in the past just how helpful the EA have been.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton:

Funny thing is, a few fishery owners and club officials have mentioned here in the past just how helpful the EA have been.

Elton

It can be a regional thing. Some regions performing better than others.

As regular readers will know I’ve been heavily critical of NW EA over the Lakes, but I have to say, in regards to the rivers, pollution, stocking, habitat improvement in the NW they perform very well.

That said, nationally they have failed to bite the bullet on endocrine disrupters in any significant way.

Craig

Some people you might like to try

David Clarke

Head of EA Fisheries

Rio House

Waterside Drive

Aztec West

Bristol

BS32 4UD

Martin Salter

The so-called Angling Minister

House of Commons

London

SW1A 0AA

Yet to prove himself IMO

Margaret Beckett

Sec. Of State

for DEFRA

House of Commons

London

SW1A 0AA

Local MP

House of Commons

London

SW1A 0AA

I’d write one standard letter to them all and let them see the c.c. to the others.

Usually gets them twitching in the buttocks region.

phil h.

They can be very helpful when approached with non contentious issues. But left to their own devices, they appear to lack direction.... as I said common sense aint so common. As their name suggests they are supposed to be the protectors of the environment. In my area they appear to protect the bits that belong to those with most clout.

Craig

The up-keep of rivers takes a lot of financing, and of course they cannot do everything at once, and as I am sure that you realise that they have to employ baliffs to try and catch the licence dodgers, If everyone that went fishing bought a licence, this would release a lot of money and man hours, that would go towards looking after the particular stretch of water about which you complain . I'm sure you would agree with me.

Craig,

does the water in question come under the control of a local club / association ??

If so, you may find that either they or they may know of the consultative delegates for the area. The consultatives meet occasionally, and the meetings are somethimes attended by members of the fisheries (EA), or ridings officers.

I see you are in the Derbyshire area, in Yorkshire my local club has active members of the following consultatatives

Aire and Calder

Western Division

Swale Preservation

Esk and Derwent

as you can see there are quite a few covering most of the running waters in Yorkshire, so I would imagine there is something like this near you.

these guys can raise concerns and questions - and it is minuted and publised.

not sure of the consultatives or the River in your area. However, let us know the River and I we maybe able to find a consulative body.

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !