What mono?

LordWotsit

Hi, and welcome to anglers net.

I have read all your posts with great interest. Tinged with a little sorrow as its too late you have become a pin lover...hehehe

I personally prefer Maxima but if you ask 50 angler you may well get 50 different answers.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Two answers for two different scenarios:

For waggler fishing (where you need a sinking line), Daiwa Sensor.

For trotting (where you need a floating line), I now use braid (Fireline Crystal) but before that used Xedion (http://www.veals4carp.com/2209/Mosella-Xedion-Reel-Line-125mtr-Spools.html )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have Daiwa Sensor in 4lb and 6lb on my reels right now - will be fishing for tench for the next couple of months. I usually use with pre-tied hooks to nylon, so the business end is a bit more high-tech :)

I use Fireline or Drennan float-fish for trotting (one local club bans all braid).

Mat

Mat

I recently tried Daiwa Super Shinobi (think it's a copolymer) and it is excellent line which I would highly recommend. N

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

Fundamentally fishing is a philosophy. A philosophy of earth, and growth, and quiet places. In it there is a rule of life, a recognition of permanences. It makes you notice the little things of nature, wherever you may be. ~Bernard Venables

I use Daiwa sensor for both still water fishing and trotting the river (never had a problem with it sinking as it doesn't for me). If using it for still waters then to sink it i just dip the rod tip in the water and wind in till it's submergerd (overcast your spot so you can do this and have your float sitting where you want it with your line submerged).

Edited by Tigger