So how id you get on...first day of the season?

Kevin Massey

With not being able to get the day off work I am sat here twiddling thumbs in anticipation on getting out there this week end.

Its an early started thread I know but where did you go and how did you get on? Now remember I like a good read so dont be tight :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit, I was expecting this thread to be full of monster fish reports!

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Tight-Lines-t2350377.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I went after work and fished until about 10.30pm. I baited 6 swims up with hemp, pellets and pieces of torn up luncheon meat and fished them in turn. Final tally was 1 trout and 2 chub - no barbel, but that wasn't a surprise!

Someone else had the same idea and had beaten me to it though, all the swims I had in mind had already been fished (the grass was flattened). I stubbornly stuck to the plan, but I suppose I should have gone elsewhere.

It was OK, I didn't enjoy it that much to be honest, I think any summer river fishing should be a more light-hearted affair involving a trotting rod and a box of maggots rather than being all serious. I will start looking at the other rivers with barbel in mind, if there's already someone doing the same thing where I was yesterday, I'll leave him in peace. I don't want to compete for the same tiny number of fish.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

A few of our Facebook friends went, but not much was caught (you may need to scroll down the page a bit):

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anglers-Net/214515126757

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I fished from midnight till 6am and banked 8 chub. The first graced my net at a minute past midnight! I did have what had to be a barbel take as the 1.5lb tip pulled a full 3 feet but there was absolutely no resistance when I picked the rod up which sometimes happens with the hook sunken into the bait. no more chances now for at least a week. :angry:

Like Anderoo I was beaten to my swim despite getting there for 5am ! I finnished up half -heartedly trotting another swim and managed a few dace and a trout. One of the people who fished the swim i'd wanted had eight chub to just under 6lb and none being under 4lb, plus some dace and trout. His friend in the next glide had trout and dace. It was pretty much disappointing, just like last years opening day for me, infact all last year !

I'm gonna make a point of not going fishing on the first day of the season next year lol.

Like Anderoo I was beaten to my swim despite getting there for 5am ! I finnished up half -heartedly trotting another swim and managed a few dace and a trout. One of the people who fished the swim i'd wanted had eight chub to just under 6lb and none being under 4lb, plus some dace and trout. His friend in the next glide had trout and dace. It was pretty much disappointing, just like last years opening day for me, infact all last year !

I'm gonna make a point of not going fishing on the first day of the season next year lol.

Was that where we had a walk the other week Ian?

Ive been busy with work this week, but I'm hoping to get on the river tomorrow night. It should be quite as i think something else is going on. :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep