..and then two come along at once

AddictedToScopex

Lol it must be an airborne infection as I don't know where my barbelitis came from. I just woke up one day with an uncontrollable urge to try and catch a double. Its all i can think about now. It will happen one day and when it does i think i may be lost forever :D . Its not life threatening at the moment. My medication of twice weekly trips to the river should keep it in check. For now!

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol it must be an airborne infection as I don't know where my barbelitis came from. I just woke up one day with an uncontrollable urge to try and catch a double. Its all i can think about now. It will happen one day and when it does i think i may be lost forever :D . Its not life threatening at the moment. My medication of twice weekly trips to the river should keep it in check. For now!

Great report, and what a smashing river. That 9lb'er was a excellent fish and you'll have your double soon I've no doubt.

I am off for the first time this season tonight on my local stream, fishng for Beards, It's very addictve isn't it. :)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Great report, and what a smashing river. That 9lb'er was a excellent fish and you'll have your double soon I've no doubt.

I am off for the first time this season tonight on my local stream, fishng for Beards, It's very addictve isn't it. :)

Lol ive never heard them called beards before but it suits. Yeah its really addictive. I wish i was there now instead of sat in the office but thats life i suppose. Couldnt afford to fish with no job or money. The stretch of river was on the ribble. Ive fished the free bits before but after getting a club permit i got access to this. Its a million times better than the bits ive fished in the past.

I'm just about to leave my office and go on my first trip this season I should be setup and in my first swim by 16:30 ish.

Great report

Keith

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I'm just about to leave my office and go on my first trip this season I should be setup and in my first swim by 16:30 ish.

Great report

Keith

Good luck. Don't forget the camera! :camera:

Had a good day myself today, managed 8 chub to just over 5 1/2lb and 8 barbel to just over 7lb all caught trotting with the pin.......propper fishing :D

Edited by Tigger

Having spent a few hours on the ribble this afternoon, i think you should be very pleased with your catch. Its very low and gin clear. :yucky:

Just small chub, dace and a wee barbel about 3lb for me, but it's good to be back on the river. :)

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Just small chub, dace and a wee barbel about 3lb for me, but it's good to be back on the river. :)

Just shows how deceiving photo's are, that barb looks heavier than 3lb Brian, nice lookin fish to !

Just shows how deceiving photo's are, that barb looks heavier than 3lb Brian, nice lookin fish to !

Well maybe it was a 4, it's been a long time since I've weighed a small barbel. :D

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep