Gardner quality

Tigger

For the time being its going to be Drennan for me and GREYS ARE NOT GOING TO GET A LOOK IN! (nor gardner now I know)

As some of you already know I have been conducting a personal series of budget and not so budget rod tests

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/TOAD-t2...98190&st=20

In the next ten are 2 Drennan's (once I finish copying them from my notebook to the computer)

A MkIV Tench and Bream 13' rod

A 14' Pro match

Abu Transmitter match pro 13'

Abu Espit 13'

and others

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I broke a ring on one of my Grays prodigy's....a simple phone call...a couple of questions...and a couple of days later I had my replacement FOC

Worked for me, but of course I was prepared to whip it on myself. Not perfect, thank god I'm not a tackle tart or helpless :)

The reason for cutting up and returning the broken section is probably to stop fraudulant claims.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

As some of you already know I have been conducting a personal series of budget and not so budget rod tests

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/TOAD-t2...98190&st=20

In the next ten are 2 Drennan's (once I finish copying them from my notebook to the computer)

A MkIV Tench and Bream 13' rod

A 14' Pro match

Abu Transmitter match pro 13'

Abu Espit 13'

and others

Blimey Watatoad, who's payin for all those rods....you must be loaded bud B)

For the time being its going to be Drennan for me and GREYS ARE NOT GOING TO GET A LOOK IN! (nor gardner now I know)

Well if your giving your Grey's away let me know. I still think their the best blank for barbel fishing. Lifetime warranty or not, their as good or better IMO than some rods that cost even more (twice as much). You can bend them to the butt with confidence and they make the right shape, not like a lot stuff out there.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Well if your giving your Grey's away let me know. I still think their the best blank for barbel fishing. Lifetime warranty or not, their as good or better IMO than some rods that cost even more (twice as much). You can bend them to the butt with confidence and they make the right shape, not like a lot stuff out there.

I've got to agree with you there. I've been using the greys rods for my barbel fishing and you can take so much confidence from them. It was after seeing the tests they did on the blanks on youtube that I thought I have got to try one of those. If you havent seen them take a look. Some of the blanks literally bend completely back to the butt without breaking.

They have a very nice progressive action from the soft tip and then into the powerful mid section.

God i sound like a bloody rep. But they are good. I have another on the way now. :D

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Lol well i am feeling a little peaky :lol:

Makes one wonder about the expression being blessed with little ones...trouble is they grow up into bigger ones and cost a fortune and they might want to Borrow your fishing tackle.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

The blank is unquestionably very good indeed and that is what is so bizzarre. I own 6 barbel rods for various situations that I find myself in (2 of these are travel rods and get little use)and the Greys one has the best feel of all, however we have discussed quality on here and concluded less well applauded makes can perform very well too. The cheapest I own is a Wychwood and it works fine. Without being a tackle tart I like my fishing equipment to be as reliable as the tools I need to perform my daily job and grooved rings just don't add up to quality

Edited by weirwulf

I love my Drennan Puddlechucker Method Feeder rod, the finish is superb! :D The problem is they're quite expensive and appear to have relatively low line ratings compared to similar rods produced by other companies like Daiwa, for example my rod's only recommended for use with lines between 5lb and 8lb...

"Man is his own worst enemy"

-Marcus Tullius Cicero