Is this even legal ?

jimpy0

Was perusing everybodies allegedly favorite online auction site and have noticed a number of sellers stateing

I accept paypal because I have to on here but WILL NOT SEND FOR 20 DAYS IF PAYING BY PAYPAL DUE TO THEM HOLDING MONEY FOR 20 DAYS. I would suggest collection with cash if possible.
Is this as in my original question legal, or against thier T+C's at the least morally it sucks. If i pay for something immediatley i at least expect the same service re. delivery or at least within postal guidlines for those that only do so once a week, 10-14 days max from point of sale. I appreciate that i do not HAVE to use those sellers but it just irked me on an otherwise so far nice day.

mini rant over ;)

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

It's probably legal, but I doubt very much that it's within eBay's T&C's. I wouldn't buy from them, that's for sure.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I don't know if it is a legal argument or not Jimpy0, but I would certainly avoid someone like this anyway as they obviously have a bone to pick with Pay Pal and much as I don't like Pay Pal either it is the case that if you use ebay to sell you HAVE to use Pay Pal to collect payment!

BUT not always as I have seen recently and am still awaiting a REAL reply from ebay. They somehow seem to have sent me back a rather odd reply to my question which was basically this. "I have to use Pay Pal to accept payment from any buyers on ebay. I have some 130+ feedbacks and yet THIS* seller does apparently not have to offer Pay Pal as a method of payment on his sales? WHY??" The reply I got back took me to the page where it is explained HOW to use Pay Pal to get people to make a payment and if I don't have Pay Pal how to get myself an account??? Which is ****** as I DO obviously have an account or would not be allowed to sell? Or would I as this guy does NOT choose to use Pay Pal to sell with only 67 feedbacks?

Or in other words put up or don't use ebay!!??

*where this is the actual sellers details I sent to ebay.

So it would not only appear that the above is dodgy but ebay themselves as is quite usual actually support the none use of pay pal in some instances.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I doubt that it is illegal; just really, really stupid.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Something I have just discovered myself is that some info I have had from Ebay is totally flawed! The info was from ebay help and related to a question about using pay pal on listings. Apparently if you DON'T use the UK site to list you DON'T have to use pay pal for the payments! Where if listing on the uk site you certainly do! Now the info I got was that you didn't have to use Pay Pal!! This was prompted by a seller selling an item and not using pay pal on the listing for payment! And also having a RIGHT bash like this knob at pay pal!

But what a thing eh? ebay giving out conflicting and even wrong info eh?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

It is because Paypal can hold and do hold monies over a certain amount for upto 21 days. This is irrespective of the individuals credit status.

Now, in the UK business world this is frowned upon as unfair but there is no legislation against it.

I can understand why the seller has done this but it will ultimately cost him much in lost business.

There is always however the FSA!! DESPITE Pay Pal being registered in Luxembourg and ruled by there rules governing money transactions (And face it PP moved there just because Luxembourg suited there purposes!!) they are STILL licensed by the FSA in the UK and are bound by there rules if they trade in the UK!

Chris Goddard