Things to do in London ?

RobStubbs

Get your avatar printed onto a t-shirt and hang around Buckingham Palace!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do as we did and cruise up the Thames from Limehouse to Teddington on a boat...

We managed to avoid all the tourist traps, but still saw all the sights.

Tower Bridge, Houses of Parliament, London Eye etc...didn't cost us a penny

Get your avatar printed onto a t-shirt and hang around Buckingham Palace!

That could prove interesting!

Janet

Thanks for all the suggestions, didn't end up doing any of them !

Got the train ticket from home, after finding my debit card broken (where the chip is). Thankfully the kind lady at the station swiped it so that I could get a ticket. Then got to tottenham court road, where I went straight into the bank. Again very helpful, checked out the card (and confirmed it was knackered), but let me take out some cash :) and ordered a replacement for me. I then wandered down oxford street to regent street to the apple store, well I walked straight past it first and then searched on the phone for it, and walked back. A very odd shop, with no checkouts, staff use mobile gadgets and cash registers are hidden in desks, and receipts are printed out across the store somewhere...

After that I made my way across to covent garden where I found another apple store. This one had a queue of a few hundred people and everytime one went in a group of apple staff cheered and high fived them ! I think they were getting the iPhone 4.

Met up with my wife and did a bit of shopping (bloke not woman shopping :thumbs:), and since my card was dead she payed for everything :D We ended up eating in a dim sum restaurant called 'ping pong', which was really nice and very reasonably priced.

Got home at a reasonable time, just had to stand all the way home on the train.

Rob.