Violence

Has violence been brought down to a game in real life?

Kids TV, games consuls etc are based on violence to such an extent that the line between reality and fiction is completely blurred.

I have to smile when I hear parents saying their kids can't have toy guns but are quite happy to let them play games or watch TV based totally on violence.

I look at all of these young deaths in recent years and I am convinced there is a link between between media violence and these killings.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at all of these young deaths in recent years and I am convinced there is a link between between media violence and these killings.

They are media violence :unsure:

I'm not convinced that there are more violent (knife) deaths these days as I've not seen that data to prove, or disprove it. What is true is the the media make more of it than they used to, but then us talking about it more, means that we are part of the public that the media are 'educating' <sic>.

Rob.

dunno i use to watch flash gorden at the pictures and havnt once killed anyone with a heat ray ,kids arnt silly ,most know its a game those that dont are probably loose cannons anyway and if never had seen "violence" in the media could well have been naughty anyway.

perhaps the difference is theres no fear of being caught ,few police doing body searches (not daring to in certain ethnic circles incase of being accused of racism) ,if you can boldly walk about with a weapon the chances are you will use it if provoked/led on enough ,if enough walk about with weapons then more will carry them as a form of defence ,the weapon is carried the reason is different but both reasons get blurred in a confrontation.

instead of shoot out at the ok corral it becomes a knife fight in the park ,the lack of visible police and the chance of not being caught makes more violence certain not the media reporting on it.

i carried a knife as did most kids when i was a kid and it was a harmless thing ,now they are pretty well banned not only the carrying is looked on with respect (in the eyes of those gang members) using it gets more brownie points but the reason lies totally in the lack of police enforcing the law in the first place ,no knives on the street less occurences for knife crime.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

dunno i use to watch flash gorden at the pictures and havnt once killed anyone with a heat ray ,kids arnt silly ,most know its a game those that dont are probably loose cannons anyway and if never had seen "violence" in the media could well have been naughty anyway.

perhaps the difference is theres no fear of being caught ,few police doing body searches (not daring to in certain ethnic circles incase of being accused of racism) ,if you can boldly walk about with a weapon the chances are you will use it if provoked/led on enough ,if enough walk about with weapons then more will carry them as a form of defence ,the weapon is carried the reason is different but both reasons get blurred in a confrontation.

instead of shoot out at the ok corral it becomes a knife fight in the park ,the lack of visible police and the chance of not being caught makes more violence certain not the media reporting on it.

i carried a knife as did most kids when i was a kid and it was a harmless thing ,now they are pretty well banned not only the carrying is looked on with respect (in the eyes of those gang members) using it gets more brownie points but the reason lies totally in the lack of police enforcing the law in the first place ,no knives on the street less occurences for knife crime.

The heat ray was complete fiction plus we could not control the characters and take part.

Most of these kids ones involve knives and swords, kicking and hitting so to my mind the level of violence is far greater and more specific. Kids have to manipulate characters to kill and maim before they can move on to the next level, the whole situation is far removed from what we got involved with as kids.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

I believe lack of discipline in schools and the home has a lot more to do with it than computer games; that and the fact that nearly all the most popular TV programmes are overwhelmed with confrontational situations.

My son has killed thousands of critters/people/characters on computer games but doesn't display any violent tendencies, (neither do I, now I come to think of it).

The heat ray was complete fiction plus we could not control the characters and take part.

Most of these kids ones involve knives and swords, kicking and hitting so to my mind the level of violence is far greater and more specific. Kids have to manipulate characters to kill and maim before they can move on to the next level, the whole situation is far removed from what we got involved with as kids.

we did control the characters it was called "play" :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Harry Potter actor Robert Knox was stabbed five times in the frenzied attack which killed him, it emerged today.

Bexley Magistrates' Court heard the 18-year-old died shortly after the repeated stabbing outside the Metro bar in Sidcup, Kent in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Unemployed Karl Bishop, 21, of Sidcup, appeared in court this morning charged with murder and five counts of wounding. One of those Bishop is accused of wounding,

21-year-old Dean Saunders, may have been left paralysed.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

This last spate of killing have all happend within a five mile radious of my house,None of these areas have got a reputation for this type of violent crime unlike Lewisham, New Cross and Peckham,this behavoiur is being copied,and is self perpetuating you now have a mad situation where good kids are turning bad as a fashion statement,Robust policeing and a stronger judicary are the only awnser, And a bit of parental responcibilty wouldent hurt as well, I would also argue that a ex Soldier or Marine with a big stick would make a more substantial PC than a six stone soaking wet sociolagy student. the fight need to be taken to them not the other way around.

I was scared of the Old bill as a kid they are a laughing stock now days.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I believe lack of discipline in schools and the home has a lot more to do with it than computer games;

You can't blame the schools when a complete lack of discipline by the parents makes a teacher's job almost impossible. If a teacher reprimands a child these days, the most likely outcome is that the parent turns up at the school and threatens the teacher. Teaching must be one of the worst jobs you could possibly have these days.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

You can't blame the schools when a complete lack of discipline by the parents makes a teacher's job almost impossible. If a teacher reprimands a child these days, the most likely outcome is that the parent turns up at the school and threatens the teacher. Teaching must be one of the worst jobs you could possibly have these days.

Agree 100%.

I also agree that it has become almost a fashion statement as FiveBellies stated and that was the point I was trying to propose. My Sparrow is five in October, because his parents namely his father is a games adict he has access to several consuls one of which is now kept in my home but used very little. He also has one of these Nintendo jobs he carries around. He is dropped off with us every school day and we pick him up and every day now I get a demonstration of high kicks and sword actions showing off to me his newely aquired skills.

I do my best with constructive play every day after school trying to maintain a balance but I am losing out to peer presure and what he thinks he needs to do to impress his friends.

Thankfully his reading and maths skills are very good far beyond what I could have achieved at his age and he is by other childrens standards very well behaved but I do worry about the level of violence he sees every day in play.

These are a couple of quotes relating to the killing of the young Asian lad.

A teenager beaten to death in a park could have been the victim of a "happy slap" attack filmed by his murderers, it is being claimed.

Newspaper reports, that have not been confirmed by police, say Amar Aslam's killers may have recorded the brutal last moments of the 17-year-old's life and later swapped the footage on their phones.

He said the problem facing society was many young people were part of a culture where violence was seen as an acceptable way of life.
Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

eat.gif

Petals Florist