Honest politician?

gozzer

Huh Cories on a roll are we, you can apply your turkey argument to a lot of other countries who are good for is spending money with nothing to contribute, apart from thousands of migrants who wish to pop over and have a taste of our benifits system. You say we have crap polititions repping us, i suppose you are a maggie supporter then, with her pair of trousers thats gets us the rebate and brown gaveaway for nothing in return. You don't give a toss about that. You missed out the eu dictat with crappy policies like the failed cfp for example that been running for many years and they now want a few years to 'put' it right and start again. Not fit for purpose gravy train, that one. The uk can't do anything political for its self unless the eu sanctions it. And You want us to stay in.
I don't just "want us to stay in" I want us to be one of the LEADERS the EU and not be the laughing stock, straggling behind at the coo's tail.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't just "want us to stay in" I want us to be one of the LEADERS the EU and not be the laughing stock, straggling behind at the coo's tail.

Ten years ago I would have been with you but having witnessed the unplanned and uncosted expansion, the financial fudging undertaken to create the Euro, the flood of EU enabled migration, the damage wrought by the comon fisheries policy and the dodgy financial controls that allowed the Irish to ride the wave without actually producing very much, I've gone from being an "all in" supporter to an "all out" advocate.

The fact is that for all of it's federal ideals, the EU is falling apart with people voting NO at every oppertunity and those fudged underpinnings of the common currency failing due to the combined pressures of global ressesion and the abcence of a single government with financial control.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ten years ago I would have been with you but having witnessed the unplanned and uncosted expansion, the financial fudging undertaken to create the Euro, the flood of EU enabled migration, the damage wrought by the comon fisheries policy and the dodgy financial controls that allowed the Irish to ride the wave without actually producing very much, I've gone from being an "all in" supporter to an "all out" advocate.

The fact is that for all of it's federal ideals, the EU is falling apart with people voting NO at every oppertunity and those fudged underpinnings of the common currency failing due to the combined pressures of global ressesion and the abcence of a single government with financial control.

Yes but you would be 'all out' on your own. Do you really want the UK to break up, because that's what would happen. Scotland and Wales would vote to stay in. I doubt that England would be able to negotiate trade agreements like Switzerland has done with the UE after it had left the EU Switzerland is not as much a "Johnnie-no-mates" as you think it is.

The French and the Irish voted 'No' to one Treaty. I can't see either of them voting to leave the EU, the French would laugh at the very notion.

Honest politician? Isn't that an oxymoron? :huh:
Indeed!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Do you really want the UK to break up, because that's what would happen.

Not really but in truth it seems inevitable now that we've gone down the road of devolution.

As it stands, their local pariaments are irresponsibly voting for uncosted luxuries like bilingual everything, free prescriptions and free nursing home places and letting the English pay for it.

I have no real objection to all those nice little luxuries but if a local parliament is going to vote for them, the local parliament should be funding them from direct local taxation.

I'm not quite sure why you seem to think that spitting up the UK is a horiffic notion. Personally, I have no strong feelings about it.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

theres 250 countries out there ,we could set ourselves up as free trade zone and without the EU's continual meddling forcing us to put the more bolshy members (france and germany the ww2 best of friends) before what we want,there can never be a fair EU for us when they are in it.

what happens when france gets miffed they block the channel ports ,nice friends we don't need! we did OK before the EU was ever thought of we dont need it we have open borders just like we signed up for twice in the 70's there was no mention publically germany and its evil henchman france would be telling us what to do in our own country

china nor india are in the EU til recently they were doing ok jack.

we set england (bugger the hangers on) as a wharehouse with the best position you can amagine ,low taxes on trade and hopefully we will be a new hong kong before china got its mits on it ,better weather too.

even choice has been removed you cant even choose what countries products to buy! anything from in the EU is just a "product of the EU" today

if we want to shun german goods because they're historically murdering thugs you cannot

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not really but in truth it seems inevitable now that we've gone down the road of devolution.

As it stands, their local pariaments are irresponsibly voting for uncosted luxuries like bilingual everything, free prescriptions and free nursing home places and letting the English pay for it.

I have no real objection to all those nice little luxuries but if a local parliament is going to vote for them, the local parliament should be funding them from direct local taxation.

I'm not quite sure why you seem to think that spitting up the UK is a horiffic notion. Personally, I have no strong feelings about it.

So you really think that an independent England, NOT in the EU, UK or the EEA not even in EFTA would be better of on than it is now? How pray do you come to this conclusion?

Scotland might even be better off, since they would have the remaining North Sea oil to themselves, and don't fool yourself into thinking that the North Sea is al bu dried up. Two months ago a fresh find of an estimated 350M barrels was made in the Catcher field, off Aberdeen.

but the falklands has a nice bit of oil why share ;) blessings of maggie

what next a "common oil policy" run by europe? Mittelplate isnt going to last long they got a bloody nose trying to take russias so they'l get ours through legislation

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

theres 250 countries out there ,we could set ourselves up as free trade zone and without the EU's continual meddling forcing us to put the more bolshy members (france and germany the ww2 best of friends) before what we want,there can never be a fair EU for us when they are in it.

what happens when france gets miffed they block the channel ports ,nice friends we don't need! we did OK before the EU was ever thought of we dont need it we have open borders just like we signed up for twice in the 70's there was no mention publically germany and its evil henchman france would be telling us what to do in our own country

china nor india are in the EU til recently they were doing ok jack.

we set england (bugger the hangers on) as a wharehouse with the best position you can amagine ,low taxes on trade and hopefully we will be a new hong kong before china got its mits on it ,better weather too.

even choice has been removed you cant even choose what countries products to buy! anything from in the EU is just a "product of the EU" today

if we want to shun german goods because they're historically murdering thugs you cannot

What is all this harking back to WWII al the time. That's the trouble with this country. There is too much looking back at what was and not enough focus on the future.

Also, I wouldn't build up too much hope in oil from the Falklands

Edited by corydoras

there is no future in the EU your just excepting a country that twice in the last 100 years has tried to do it by force and now is using the pen ,england will not exist in the EU we will be a satellite state of germany.

our historical enemies will always be our enemies they dont want "england" they want the soil to justify losing millions trying to do it the hard way

how the politicos must have scoffed in the 20's after the war to end all wars! "germany a threat to us HA HA HA" even the idiot prime minister trusted them right up to the last minute before they set off starting the first EU in the 40's:rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

So you really think that an independent England, NOT in the EU, UK or the EEA not even in EFTA would be better of on than it is now? How pray do you come to this conclusion?

I don't recall suggesting withdrawal from the EFTA or EEA and as they pretty much hold onto the spirit of the old "Common Market""that was voted for by a referendum, I would certainly retain membership.

As to how an independent England would be better off, there are lots of estimates of what the EU costs Britain but very few for how much it costs England. Figures for Britain range as high as us £65 Billion a year so us £40 Billion would probably be a conservative estimate.

Being an island off the coast of Europe with free trade agreements in place would see is very well placed to act as a trade and financial hub - Singapore does very well out of this sort of business.