SAA, NFA, NAA and the rivers close season..?....

STEVE POPE

It never ceases to amaze me how far you can come on a thread with eighty or so posts.

You start off about the close season, have some banter , discussion and humour along the way and then end up with words like stagnant, self promotion and power.

I note that there is a Mr Barnard in the Barbel Society, if you are one and the same perhaps you would like to air your reasons for discontent on the BS bulletin Board, or better still the AGM is only a few weeks away.

Keep smiling

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dear, poor Mr Barnard, looks like smacked legs time.

One gets the impression so perish all who dare to speak against any of these self serving incestuous organisations.

Don,t any of you bother to check your lists, I,m not on any of them.

I wonder why ?

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Hi Cranfield,

A bit harsh I do believe.

I note Mr Barnard is a soldier, now bearing in mind I'm not the biggest chap out there woe betide me if umbrage is taken.

Constructive comment and constructive criticism is always taken on board, other comments, well you can make up your own mind.

Guys (and ladies),

It's late....this thread has about quarter of an hour to get back on topic. I don't want it to degenerate any further, please.

Many thanks,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Oops! Did I ask a question that shouldn’t be asked?

Given that many questions, comments have been asked/made about the SAA its structure, democracy, etc, I thought it only right to ask a question of my own.

Lee has impressed on us the need for total accountability & democracy, and to his credit has left us in no doubts about this in RSSG.

Shouldn’t others then be put under the spotlight?

Interesting to note, as yet no answer is forthcoming!

phil h.

Phil. I think that if you go back a while and view other sites you will find that the original reason for forming a group, later to be called RSSG was to stop waters being syndicated like the Kickles Farm on the Gt.Ouse, and keep all waters open to the public.There was talk by some supporters of boycoting certain known members tackle in the shops. I think you'll find that it has since modified it's policy and direction at it's formation, albeit for the better, partly due to a good number of the original supporters being exposed as being members of syndicates themselves. Lets hope now the RSSG goes on to do better things, as it promises. Good luck.

[ 16 April 2002, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Brian Talbot ]

Originally posted by Brian Talbot:

Sorry Brian I think you’ve possibly got hold of the wrong end of the stick on this one.

When I wrote “Oops! Did I ask a question that shouldn’t be asked?

Given that many questions, comments have been asked/made about the SAA its structure, democracy, etc, I thought it only right to ask a question of my own.

Lee has impressed on us the need for total accountability & democracy, and to his credit has left us in no doubts about this in RSSG.

Shouldn’t others then be put under the spotlight?

Interesting to note, as yet no answer is forthcoming!” ,

I was not having a go at RSSG. As I said Lee has impressed on us…………………..

The comments of “Shouldn’t others then be put under the spotlight?

& Interesting to note, as yet no answer is forthcoming!”

were aimed at the question I asked on the other page.

“Anybody know whether the Barbel Society is a democratic organisation that elects its officers and committee?”

So what’s the answer then anybody?

phil h.

Hi Phil,

If you speak to Mike Heylin I'm sure he can give you the info you are seeking, after all he is a BS member.

Failing that, and as you are obviously so keen to know, I think you asked the same question about this time last year, just for you;

The BS is democratic in so much that it is ultimately governed by the membership, governed in this sense meaning " to be a predominant influence on".

Any committee that acts without listening to the great majority of its membership would be extremely foolish and the BS committee are not fools, of that you may be assured.

Or it could be called a benevolent dictatorship, benevolent as in showing goodwill, friendship and kindly.

Dictatorship as in oxymoron.

Whatever you choose, it works well.

Obviously you can't please all the people all the time, some you can never please, but thats life and I won't be losing any sleep.

I sometimes think the close season is becoming open season..........

All the best.

The PAC committee is not elected as such, do you have a problem with that Phil? Whether the BS committee is run on similar lines or not is irrelevant. No one forces people to be members of these dictatorships. Membership is optional. I choose not to be a member of the SAA, my choice. Personally I think this thread has reached a naturel conclusion. The original topic has long been forgotton. What say you Phil? Time for a truce? Time to agree to disagree?