What will you be fishing for this winter?

turboturkey

As usual it will be mainly pike but for the first time in many many years Im not sure where!

Well my advice is not to try the lake district, unless you really fancy a challenge, or know for sure you can catch 'em up here in winter, and in that case you are very welcome. provided you are willing to show me how!

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be targeting all species when Canal fishing. And will continue heading for Carp/Tench on the Fishery, believe it or not I have had more Tench/Carp pick up baits over the past week than all summer despite the temperature dropping considerably.

Species I will avoid are: Eels, Pike, Zander

Preferred species are: Mirror Carp, Tench, Bream and Ide

orite butt what bait do you use for carp at this time of the year?

after this weekend ,my attention will turn too grayling ,i'll be scouting some old haunts and hopefully some new ones on one of my local rivers ,and maybe a trip down south if someone organises another An grayling day on the itchin rather than timsbury .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

For me it's going to be predominantly salmon fishing until the end of October then I turn my attention to Grayling from the first of November with chub as the main back up if we get a mild spell then I will chase the barbel with hemp and caster I also hope to get a couple of roach fishing sessions in too.

If the codling start to turn up in any numbers on the Fylde coast I will have a couple of night sessions after them as well.

When the weather gets too foul...Theres always plenty of fly dressing to be getting on with!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

If I go fishing it will be for specimen Roach, Perch and the odd Carp on float tackle as that is how I like to fish, the operative word being 'IF'. This will be the first winter that I have been fishing as a wheelchair user so as my circulation is compromised I get cold quickly and can't warm up. However out here in sunny W. France we get hot sunny days in the winter and I imagine that I can fish in the day for three or four hours without any fingers and toes dropping off! :o But maybe someone can point me in the direction of some thermal clothing that really works, cold winds are the main problem and they can come and go, so picking a day without wind isn't really an option but maybe sun and thermal gear would work, any recommendations?

after this weekend ,my attention will turn too grayling ,i'll be scouting some old haunts and hopefully some new ones on one of my local rivers ,and maybe a trip down south if someone organises another An grayling day on the itchin rather than timsbury .

That's interesting Alan, I used to fish off Rossall Beach as a child, in all sort of weathers with my big brother. I could never catch a damn thing sea fishing, although I did once 'accidentally' catch a whiting in a competition on Blackpool's North Pier in the most foul weather and won! My memories of fishing the Fylde coast are not of loads of fish but freezing conditions (except for mackerel in the summer off the North Pier jetty) and conditions which are probably banned on health and safety grounds now as we used to fish the North Pier Jetty with a rough sea a few feet below our feet in really strong winds, must have been crazy.