Please Do Me A Favour

Elton

Now and again, I abuse my position as owner of this website. Tonight is one such occasion :)

Some of you may have noticed that I've started up a price comparison site for fishing gear:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fishingtackle/

It's early days yet, as there aren't many switched-on angling retailers offering the kind of data needed to do it, but there are a few retailers on there to choose from. Obviously, I'd appreciate it if you could use it, pass the address on, etc.

HOWEVER, what I'd really like to draw everyone's attention to is:

http://price-deals.co.uk/

This is a much larger, general price comparison website. So far, I've added over 500,000 products to it and will expand on this once I know it works. You'll find everything from screws to Ferraris on there.

I would really appreciate it if you could try it, bookmark it, pass on the address, use it in the future, make it your first port of call when Christmas shopping, etc.

It's basic at the moment, and may need tweaking. However, I think some will like its simplicity. If there are any issues with it, I'd rather find out now, from people I kind of know, than look a fool in front of the world :)

If there's a retailer you regularly use, please PM me and I'll see if they have a database that I can access. I have got loads more to add, but am waiting to see how it handles half a million products first.

The prices on these websites are exactly the same as the prices on the supplier website (they run off a product feed, so have to be). The only difference is that these companies will pay me a commission on any sale, which is how I keep going and is why Anglers' Net has been going since 1999.

PLEASE use the share facilities on the sites above (Twitter, Facebook, email, etc.). They appear at the bottom of each page. I'd love to wake up tomorrow, after a week of sleepless nights, to find it was all worth it :)

Thanks in advance.

Hugs and sloppy kisses (but only if you're fit, female and have low standards),

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Well, two people managed to give http://price-deals.co.uk a whirl in 24 hours :D

Can I just point out that 100% of searches so far (both of them) appear to have been for fishing tackle. I may not have made it clear, but the site is a comparison site for just about anything. There are over half a million products included already and I'll double this in no time, if people use it.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Nice one Elton, just searched for a few bits and found all of them but 1... 42" Plasma Bracket. But if you get commission out of it I think I'll be searching on here first and picking up a few bits...

Cheers,

Stu...

Cheers, Stu :-)

Tigger, any chance you could PM me the search terms you used and I'll take a look tomorrow? There are dozens of rods in there, at least one retailer of camo gear and....actually, I think I do know if a bird seed merchant I can add :)

The G W Titmuss stuff is in there now, Tigger. I'll keep my eye out for any other seed merchants.

Doesn't work for me at all.

I tried:- ......Canon 100 - 400mm............... and the more correct nomenclature of .........Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L...........both of these will work fine on a Google or Ebay search.

You'll find everything from screws to Ferraris on there.

My missus may not like me looking for the first item on t'Net :lol: and I don't need a Ferrari just now.

However, I am considering getting a Land Rover Disco 4 and there was nothing about that.

But will use it in future - provided I remember - could it be made a "sticky" or summat like that ?

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...