Most Unusual Place

Zinky

An old tin bath in the backyard, containing 1 perch and 1 roach, when I was 7!

Fishing from an opened hatch in the side of a ship, when I was a merchant seaman in Aden, catching butterfish on light coarse tackle. That was a bit surreal. 2 metres from my cabin, electric lights on the water, and dipping my tackle into a water wilderness!

Using bacon as bait and being broken when handlining from my ship in the Suez Canal.

Catching mullet in a crek in Woollongong, and trying to pretend that they were roach (homesick!).

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive once fished a pond by mine next to a church totally hidden from the public like most ponds. You would catch a couple of fish but the place was mostly fished by kids and no adults and you no what they say abt cruelty to fish. I saw one lad kick the ****in fish in the pond. I was really **** off with him. They all start pissin round when they dont catch and they throe sticks and cans in the pond. The pond is now full of thickmoss and never fished the fish are all probly dead by now I

A pond at a women's prison having got permission from the Governor. It held some good perch at the time. Pretty too. The pond I mean, not the governor. Never did meet her.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I once fished on an estate lake in the grounds of a rather exclusive girls school. Sadly however it was during school holidays so <Insert your own joke about getting the tackle out, having a nibble or dangling the worm here>

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Dragonbat’ Most unusual place fished and caught

Armageddon is, in the West, symbolic of the war that ends all wars. Of a terrible battle, a nuclear holocaust...

The hill of Megiddo is the place described in the Bible as Armageddon.

Megiddo is located in northern Israel, at the crossing of the Haifa-Jenin road and Hedera-Afula road. It is an archaeological site, (Israel National Park Authority) next to Kibbutz Megiddo and Umm el Fahm (second biggest Arab Israeli town). The site dominates the valley of Jezreel. At the crossroad also is the Megiddo prison. Nearby the Mayaan Harod National Park (spring of Gideon) is a large camping and outdoor theatre, which sits 7,000 people, about 15 miles from Megiddo. “Got the picture”

Some years ago whilst on holiday visiting my brother-in law a good old Stockport lad and not of the Jewish faith. Steve has been working the Kibbutz system in Israel some 30 years.

We decided to go and see him no troubles at the time.

What a holiday Manchester United won the European Cup and FA Cup and later the Famed Treble.

Just below Megiddo lies a carp pool and fish farm never been fished before and after 10 days of hard persuasion I was granted 2 hours fishing. Oh hell no tackle? found an old glass roach pole and some line.

Got my arse down to the water “gasp” it was wall to wall carp never seen so many fish.

In we go? Chicken feed round the hook, big bung float, fish to hand.

Some armed guard turns up playing holy F-ck waving his gun around and stops me fishing. Next thing another guard appears on a quad bike with two dustbins on the back.

“Ok English fill these” “what on my own”.

Panic sets in “why say I ?” just fill them if you want to go to the Kibbutz BBQ tonight.

So its wall to wall fish?? Thinks walk this one no trouble to a good Northern Angler in we go not a bite after 10 mins .

Big-armed guard starts taking the **** , try this and throws men a corn cob anyway managed to fill the bins carp up to ten pounds or so. Must have had over 400lb of fish in 90 mins

Top tip Carp tastes crap. Also the lads on the Kibuttz had set me up. Yep as if I fell for that trick???

Next Unusual place the Sea of Galilee fishing with some line and bread on the hook whilst floating on an airbed catching St Peters Perch. Fantastic BBQ on the banks watching the sun go down.

The Carp pool at Armageddon has never been fished since.

So have I fished the most unusual place on the planet or what?

I must add it was the best holiday we have had and when the troubles subside I would love to go back

:cool: :cool: :D:D

[ 11 March 2002, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Dragonbat ]

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

As a kid (& we're talking junior school here!) I used to catch sticklebacks from a storm drain - using a handline dangled from an open manhole cover!! Imagine my surprise when one day I caught 3 dace - very pale from being in the dark but otherwise healthy looking!

Chris

[ 15 March 2002, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I spend some time over in the states, usually about 1 month in any year and the majority of the time I spend in Cocoa Beach in Florida. Its right next door to Kennedy Space Center. last year I was fishing in the harbour in CVape Canaveral catching snapperat about 6 in the morning when 2 almighty bangs made me nearly fall in. Then about 5 seconds later I watched a space shuttle glide down from the horizon and land over to my left at the space center. The fishing was terrible after that.

Michael Dodd:

Then about 5 seconds later I watched a space shuttle glide down from the horizon and land over to my left at the space center.  The fishing was terrible after that.

After seeing that, I wouldn't give a chuff about the fishing - not for about 5 minutes at least

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.