Hooklegnth

dave_H1

I often use a small snap so that I can quickly change hooklengths. In fact, one of the few times I don't is when I'm fishing on the drop when, as already pointed out, this can affect the buoyancy too much.

It's said that a micro swivel stop baits like double maggot from spinning. In my experience it helps but by no means solves the problem.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Using a swivel when float fishing has some distinct advantages especially when fishing rivers - particularly fast one as it cuts out line twist. Try retrieving a double maggot from 40 yards away on a fast stretch without one and you'll see what I mean!

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Steve Burke:

It's said that a micro swivel stop baits like double maggot from spinning. In my experience it helps but by no means solves the problem.

try hooking one maggot through the head and one through the tail