Marco Cortesi Signature centrepin reels

noelg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I intend to buy one and give it a go, if there's problems with it I'll return it.

I hope you dont get a duff one like hopinc did as I cant see a single problem with them.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your comments.

I haven't been put off the idea of a centre pin reel at all. But as suggested above, it has left a bad taste in my mouth. It was mostly the fact that they knew they had some bad ones but decided to send them out without checking them anyway that I can't live with.

Of course, if I had been lucky enough to get a good one I too would be singing the reel's praises on this forum.

C'est la vie!

Tight lines all

Edited by Hopinc

Regards,

Dave

Something that might be compromised when shopping in the bargain basement is quality control.

The product may not be inferior but it's possible a higher percentage of faulty items reach the end user.

Have you considered this could be a one off and to look at the replacement first before rejecting the reel altogether?

Edited by Rob Ward

I have one, I'm delighted with it, but it needed a bit of work.

Take the screw off, take the reel to bits, rinse the bearings out with lighter fuel, re-oil: reassemble, spin; if it wobbles in the hand, balance it by putting "heavy metal" or simmilar round the back of the spoke that always ends up on top.

Mine went from "pig" to "dream" in an evening.

This is something I've seen quite a lot of on the net concerning these reels. I don't think you should have to do this in order to get the reel working satisfactory.

I did actually look at (handle) one of these reels in a tackle shop and it felt ok but when you looked at it properly the build quality wasn't up to much. I'd prefer to go for a second hand okuma which you can pick up at reasnable prices on the net.

JMO of course.

The buy it now price for the base model Okuma's is at least £100 on fleabay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Centre-Pin-Reel-/130...=item1e612204e5

You've got to keep looking Rob they often go for much less than that.

At the end of the day it makes no difference to me what reel anyone goes for. All I've done is state my opinion of the Marco pin. I ain't arguin so make up your own mind...simples...good luck with whatever you get !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Centre-Pin-Reel-/130...=item1e612204e5

You've got to keep looking Rob they often go for much less than that.

At the end of the day it makes no difference to me what reel anyone goes for. All I've done is state my opinion of the Marco pin. I ain't arguin so make up your own mind...simples...good luck with whatever you get !

Even that one's £70 with six hours to go, no doubt you'll get the occasional bargain though.

My thoughts are that for £30 I'll give it a go and can always get a refund if I'm not happy with the reel.

Even that one's £70 with six hours to go, no doubt you'll get the occasional bargain though.

My thoughts are that for £30 I'll give it a go and can always get a refund if I'm not happy with the reel.

I'm not to sure but i think this is one of AN's members...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Okuma-AVENTA-VT1000-...=item27b850f328