Cheap pins !

Tigger

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same pin with a different name on is available from Dragon Carp Direct for the princly sum of £30 plus £6 p+p which is even cheaper!

For those who are wondering to know what they are like I have ordered on and will post a review as soon as I get to give it a decent whirl on the river chasing grayling hopefully in the next few days.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Check these out on fleebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IKONIX-CENTRE-PIN-RE...=item483d3c205a

I actually had a fiddle with one in a local tackle shop recently and was surprised at how smooth it was. I think it was just under 100 notes, so the one's on fleebay seem like excellent value. I bet they're gone pretty quick.

Did you manage to come out of the shop without buying one Ian? You must be getting better. :lol:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Did you manage to come out of the shop without buying one Ian? You must be getting better. :lol:

I'm afraid I did Brian, just got two pints of maggots :D .

No more pins for me for a while m8 I think I've got enough for now :rolleyes:. I just thought they seemed to be excellent value and if the one's Alan has spotted are the same reel then they really are/look great value...on first impressions anyhow. It'll be interesting to hear what Alan has to say about his when he gets it.

the only reel test of these reels is wether you liked or disliked the TF gear X-pin . if you like the look of them get in there quick ,dragoncarp (well rodger) only get them in small batches and only got this batch in on monday and at their pricing they won't be around long .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

the only reel test of these reels is wether you liked or disliked the TF gear X-pin . if you like the look of them get in there quick ,dragoncarp (well rodger) only get them in small batches and only got this batch in on monday and at their pricing they won't be around long .

Hmmm! better get on the phone in the morning...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I received my £30 reel from dragoncarp within 36 hours of ordering it, & to be 100% truthful the only thing I can fault it on at the moment is the ratchet lever, as it requires to be rotated fully to put it on or turn it off, thats it but for £30 Im not bothered about a thing like that.

The only difference from the TF X pin, The ikonix and the Dragongear is a signature...oh and the price £99.99 as TF Gear....£60 as Ikonix and £30 as Dragoncarp :D

dragoncarp

Ive had it in pieces already... always like to check these things out and its well made and quite robust, the handles are wooden and it overall quite a pleasing reel. will be using it this weekend for a change away from the speedia's & rapidex's so will let you know how it fishes.

Edited by George387

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

I received my £30 reel from dragoncarp within 36 hours of ordering it, & to be 100% truthful the only thing I can fault it on at the moment is the ratchet lever, as it requires to be rotated fully to put it on or turn it off, thats it but for £30 Im not bothered about a thing like that.

The only difference from the TF X pin, The ikonix and the Dragongear is a signature...oh and the price £99.99 as TF Gear....£60 as Ikonix and £30 as Dragoncarp :D

dragoncarp

Ive had it in pieces already... always like to check these things out and its well made and quite robust, the handles are wooden and it overall quite a pleasing reel. will be using it this weekend for a change away from the speedia's & rapidex's so will let you know how it fishes.

I hope you have some good fishing this weekend George387 looking forward to how you get on with it...by the by what line are you going to use with it?

I've had some stuff from Dragoncarp and I was pleased with it...but their service is brilliant, I personally cannot fault them.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I hope you have some good fishing this weekend George387 looking forward to how you get on with it...by the by what line are you going to use with it?

I've had some stuff from Dragoncarp and I was pleased with it...but their service is brilliant, I personally cannot fault them.

Watatoad Same line I use with all my centrepin trotting fishing mate nothing else but berkley fused crystal fireline, I wouldnt change back to mono since I got recommended it by another pin user and it hasnt faulted me yet. :)

Best Regards

George

Edited by George387

A Scotsman in Yorkshire...http://traditionalfloats.blogspot.co.uk/

Damn it i was blinded by a shiny reel and have just ordered one before the common sense side of me realised. The mrs won't like this one bit ;) . And so it begins. The ascent into pin madness! :D Starting off with a small amount but its the first brand new one I have bought.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk