Swingtip Revival

Elton

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's swingtip construction going if you cant get out at least you can make some tackle...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I found a couple of Butt indicators in my old tackle box recently, anyone remember them? They were useful when it was too windy for a swingtip.

Got me thinking that a longer version might be a solution to the Breamy Bobbins problem?

Oh dear! Oh dear! Built cane to the left, centrepins to the right and now swingtips in the middle...hehehe

Wata Toad of old tackle is this? Where are we the latest retro site on the net...hehehe

my grandad is always going on about the days when he fished for crawley when they had one of the best teams in the country in the 60s or 70s i think , and hes always talking about his collection of tackle up in the loft ie george mcarthy box fully felted out by geof valence and one of the first poles glass fibre and i happened to mention to him about swing tips and a couple of hours later (probebly only 10 minutes ) he said that hed got a couple of persueder rods and just wondered if youd heard of them .

I am proud thou really to have a grandad who captained a great side and a dad that fished for such a side. My grandad used to be good freinds with the great ivan mark who told him if he could keep this team going that they would be unbeatable for 20 years , but fishing being fishing people left and when terry harrison went to fish for dorking thats when it started to fall apart .

the matches they used to fish were mainly rivers and they used to travel up north fishing in matches with silly numbers of anglers

Its all very well me winning some open matches but ive gotta hell of alot of fishing to do till i can impress my grandad . The main thing is its gonna be fun trying

Sorry got carried away there :offtopic:

my grandad is always going on about the days when he fished for crawley when they had one of the best teams in the country in the 60s or 70s i think , and hes always talking about his collection of tackle up in the loft ie george mcarthy box fully felted out by geof valence and one of the first poles glass fibre and i happened to mention to him about swing tips and a couple of hours later (probebly only 10 minutes ) he said that hed got a couple of persueder rods and just wondered if youd heard of them .

I am proud thou really to have a grandad who captained a great side and a dad that fished for such a side. My grandad used to be good freinds with the great ivan mark who told him if he could keep this team going that they would be unbeatable for 20 years , but fishing being fishing people left and when terry harrison went to fish for dorking thats when it started to fall apart .

the matches they used to fish were mainly rivers and they used to travel up north fishing in matches with silly numbers of anglers

Its all very well me winning some open matches but ive gotta hell of alot of fishing to do till i can impress my grandad . The main thing is its gonna be fun trying

Sorry got carried away there :offtopic:

So what if it's off topic a really great post. Keep it up, does some of us older men a bit of good to be reminded of what some call the Golden Days of Match River Fishing.

I found a couple of Butt indicators in my old tackle box recently, anyone remember them? They were useful when it was too windy for a swingtip.

Got me thinking that a longer version might be a solution to the Breamy Bobbins problem?

I was discussing them in this very thread Rob and even asked for lengths to make my own. Missed the bus there methinks. Maybe you should have read the whole thread mate.....lol

;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

So what if it's off topic a really great post. Keep it up, does some of us older men a bit of good to be reminded of what some call the Golden Days of Match River Fishing.

Thanks watatoad ive just been talking to my grandad and hes gonna get all his old tackle down from the loft soon to show me , he says its all in perfect condition and i can imagine it is because he has always looked after things , not like people nowdays with the easy come easy go attitude

im especially looking forward to seeing the box with all the compartments fully felted out . the persuader rods were designed by ivan marks who was a good freind of his.

also it would be cool if he let me use it all even for just a day , but he is always saying i dont look after stuff so i might have shot myself in the foot there , but never know

I will photo all the stuff and do a post of it all soon

Edited by tony tinca

Thanks watatoad ive just been talking to my grandad and hes gonna get all his old tackle down from the loft soon to show me , he says its all in perfect condition and i can imagine it is because he has always looked after things , not like people nowdays with the easy come easy go attitude

im especially looking forward to seeing the box with all the compartments fully felted out . the persuader rods were designed by ivan marks who was a good freind of his.

also it would be cool if he let me use it all even for just a day , but he is always saying i dont look after stuff so i might have shot myself in the foot there , but never know

I will photo all the stuff and do a post of it all soon

Toady's lesson one - in winning your granddad around -

Ask him when he's going to take you fishing to show you how he used to do it.

Lesson two -

Ask him if he can show you how to make floats.

You can only ask...hehehe