Swingtip Revival

Elton

And I know just the venue, a nice little day ticket stillwater near me called Laura's Lagoon. Contains roach, rudd, small carp, tench, perch and bream all of a size which would suit a fun day out, your tips won't stop swinging. I was thinking of it as a venue if Anderoo's home made tackle day took off.

I'd forgotten about that! Thanks for reminding me Rusty, I'd still like to try that one, it could be a good laugh :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul the CTM 9 was a cracking rod I had one before switching to carbon.

[/quote)

Yes they were. I gave them to my brother along with a Milbro Enterprise and Shakespeare President match rod and he still has them. He stopped fishing a long time ago and has a load of kit which I keep trying to get hold off which includes a pair of mint original John Wilson Avons with the cork handle and 2 off each mint Mitchell matches and 410s. He keeps saying that he might start again but as he has been living in the Milton Keynes area for so long surrounded by some fabulous fishing I cannot see this happening now.

I have always regretted parting with as they had the most sensitive tips and were lovely to use for silvers and bream within thrrir casting range. As to modern rods, I do not know but I would have thought that dependant on what you want to fish for, it would not be too difficult to modify something. I am sure that Budgie would have some good suggestions on this.

For larger species I have used an avon rod with the float top. This is great for tench etc but these days I was more thinking of roach skimmers etc for those difficult winter sessions where the finesse of the swingtip works really well as already mentioned.

John

For larger species I have used an avon rod with the float top. This is great for tench etc but these days I was more thinking of roach skimmers etc for those difficult winter sessions where the finesse of the swingtip works really well as already mentioned.

John

Perhaps a short match rod fitted with a screw tip.

The problem is that whilst I have got rid of many rods they seem to have been replaced with more of others and I am now developing an unhealthy interest in the Normark float rods:D You never know, I might have a relapse and have a good clear out as I am running short of space. Anyway I reckon Tigger is worse than me.

Sorry TT I'm afraid I must bow to your superiour rod collecting alergy :lol:

The interest in normarks is a healthy one :D

Nice one here....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Normark-Titan-2000-1...=item43a3a71888

Steys still got his 12ft microlite available as well.

Edited by Tigger

The indicator I mentioned...anyone know what they were called?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

The indicator I mentioned...anyone know what they were called?

I know exactly which one you mean Andy, I think they were called a Butt indicator but I cannot remember who made them.. I seem to remember that they had a jewellery type clasp that opened and closed so that you could easily thread the line through the eye when you mounted it on your rod.

I think you might be right about butt indicator. I can't remember a clasp though but there were probably a few versions.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Me to, I still use swingtips...hehehe...and intend to keep using them.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I think you might be right about butt indicator. I can't remember a clasp though but there were probably a few versions.

Sorry Andy,

I cant remember what they were called but I still have one that fits your description spot on and will ask my wife to photograph it and add the photo to this thread if it will help. I'll put a ruler next to it to give some idea of size.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God