The End of the Liberal Democrats?

ColinW

What a bunch of idiots! At the moment they have power, not much granted, but a little bit. Surely they must realize that once they vote with the tories on tuition fees, in a way that completely goes against their own pre-election promises, they are finished as a party? No-one but the orange rinsed old crazies will ever trust them again! That means that they will lose their one hold over Cameron, the threat of a general election. He can ride rough shod over them whenever he feels like it, safe in the knowledge that the Lib Dems will have to back him, because an election would leave them jobless.

i wont pretend to understand all of politics but its pretty shameful what they have done, its as though they duped students in to voting for them with the promise of not raising fees then when they win decide to raise the fees.

would they have won the election without the students vote ? general question here i havnt looked for a statistic on this and would be interesting to see how the student votes could have changed the outcome if at all.

the students got a damn good reason to protest, give them hell i say.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

"Politicians in lying to electorate shocker!" (Turn to page 34, down from the story about Cheryle coles backside). :rolleyes:

Well you could have at least told us which paper is showing her arse

On a different point and in relation to the topic, I think Colin is right, this is the beginning of the end of the Liberals as we know them, I fully expect Cleggonoccio to be a fully paid up member of the Tory party before the next elections called as he be thrown out on his ear in Sheffield where not only are the students who voted for him refusing to support or endorse him any more but feeling are also running high in Sheffield where the loan to Forgemasters which would have secured jobs and created 200 more been refused at about the same time that any budget cuts and supposed savings were lent to the Irish at mates rates

Sheffield and the country won't forget or forgive and he'll have to get a safe Tory seat somewhere else

i have only ever heard 3 lib dem policies all 3 were lies ,in the local elections they promised if they got in everyone would get a £100 rebate on their council tax ,they got in not a penny was rebated.

in another the farnham jewel was going to be handed back to its finder ,they got in it wasnt it finally was stolen from the museum

and the third is the promise if they got in there would be no tuition fee increase ,they are and another promise forgotten ,if you like liars and vote riggers vote lib dem ,if you want liars vote riggers and cheats just vote

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was really pleased at the last election when my grandchildren and a lot of their friends became interested in politics and voted for the lib dems. I'd been on to them about getting involved and voting. What do I say to them now!

A generation of disillusioned kids.

Great for democracy.

Nice one Clegg and co, you've got a lot to answer for :angry:

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

Can't understand why some of you are surprised? It's my opinion that a just a quick glance at any promise or pledge made by a Liberal anytime, is usually lies, bulls**t, spin and hypocrisy, I can't believe anyone is actually thick enough to believe the Liberals, surely you know that the Liberal party have always been known for being a bunch of wishy washy two faced hypocritical liars, who will kiss anybodies butt for a hint of personal power.

Mind you, In my opinion you could say that of most politicians for that matter regardless of their political persuasion nor whether its local, national or international politics. Although the Liberals have always been known as the worst of the worst, although they are fairly good at conning the young, the naive and those who never bother to study their actions because they are too keen on listening to their fairy stories.

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Who are the Liberal Democrats?

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

The Lib.Dem's promised to do things with tuition fees if they formed the next government at the election.

They didn't form the next government. It's a subtle point, but they hold the balance of power, and in the overall scheme of things, it isn't a large enough issue to

bring the government down in a vote of no confidence. It's a price they had to pay for getting teir nose in the trough.

It isn't a nice thought, and it's splitting hairs. But it's true.

I had to oranise funding for my professional and more recently my own university education. Frankly, if it's good enough for me, it's good enough for anyone else. The difference is that I worked full time, raised a family and studied as well.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

We had a Democratic Party once but they sold out to the Government to help though a major taxation change and were rewarded with a little more power. They infuriated their supporters and I don't know whether it exists today. Certainly we never hear anything of it. Perhaps the same will happen to the Lib-Dems.

Edited by chevin

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.