free river water in the UK

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in Hammersmith 100 yards away from the Thames. I have sometimes thought how nice it would be to spend my lunch hour fishing rather than eating a sandwich at my desk!

But, I have looked on the web and can not find any information as to whether I would be breaking the law in doing so!

Any thoughts?

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Thames Water region of the EA issue a booklet, and have a downloadable PDF file you can print from the EA web site. This gives lots of free fishing ( EA licence needed!!). Basically most of the Thames downstream of Staines is free if you can get the landowners permission to reach the waterside.

[ 21. October 2004, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: wotnobivvy ]

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

wotnobivvy:

Thames Water region of the EA issue a booklet, and have a downloadable PDF file you can print from the EA web site. This gives lots of free fishing ( EA licence needed!!). Basically most of the Thames downstream of Staines is free if you can get the landowners permission to reach the waterside.

Hi mate, thanks for that - I will have a look

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Dunno if it's coincidence, but here in the W Country many town centre stretches are free.

e.g. the Bristol Avon in Bath, Bradford-on-Avon and Chippenham (that I know of - there may be more).

Is this a general rule?

Maybe because the riverbank is not personally 'owned' ?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.