Firefox again!

Colin Brett

I do have my flash turned of...I wonder if that has any effect.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I.

I worked with Elton to see about a fix and nothing made a difference. Turned off all the add-ons/extensions/whatever and the behavior persisted. IE is unaffected. I only use those two browsers so can't say which others might have the same problem but it does seem limited to FF and to only a very few of us.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

its def 3.6 and above ,everythings fine on my backup crud win98se machine that uses an older version

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I used to be a dedicated Firefox man. I think I can remember persuading chesters to switch from Netscape Navigator to Forefox a while back. About 9 months ago I decided to give Chrome a try, just to kick the wheels as it were and I never went back to Firefox. I still have Firefox installed and up to date (3.6.13 at the moment) but I can't remember the last time I used Firefox in anger. It is so pedestrian compared to Chrome and Chrome's minimalist look appeals to me.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

yes software designers all seem to get far above their station ,you did tempt me over from netscape when V8? came out and became a bloated slow piece of crap ,and then firefox was a streamline terrier of a fox but now alas the software designers have overfed this lean pedigree of a animal making it a slow and snappy version itself.

why cant they just leave things alone ? ,you can have safety updates but we hardly use the whistles never mind the bells!!!!!!

ofcourse once Chrome is the top dog in the pack it will be overfed and start its downward slide through the pack

just installed opera but i really hate change

seems ok ....yukhorrid i cannot abide tabs i like minimal everything

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

yes software designers all seem to get far above their station ,you did tempt me over from netscape when V8? came out and became a bloated slow piece of crap ,and then firefox was a streamline terrier of a fox but now alas the software designers have overfed this lean pedigree of a animal making it a slow and snappy version itself.

why cant they just leave things alone ? ,you can have safety updates but we hardly use the whistles never mind the bells!!!!!!

ofcourse once Chrome is the top dog in the pack it will be overfed and start its downward slide through the pack

just installed opera but i really hate change

seems ok ....yukhorrid i cannot abide tabs i like minimal everything

I used to have a soft spot for Opera, I even bought it back in the days when it was not free but I can't abide it any more.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I used to have a soft spot for Opera, I even bought it back in the days when it was not free but I can't abide it any more.

yes Wynne Evans spoils it for a lot of people :D

Edited by chesters1

this has answered my problems posting,i thought it was my work laptop,just tried on firefox and unable to post ,just switched to IE and here i am....

PS i can remember Chesters being persuaded to ditch Netscape ...lol

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Another Chrome fan.

Never use Firefox anymore although it is still on my computer

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/