chesters1 secret hideout revealed

chesters1

Vagabond claims the title of first seeing the real chesters1 in the flesh (and theres plenty)today ,hopefully i didnt appear too rude nor too unkempt ,thanks again for the reel and info on the rod ,i hope to see you again at the pond and dont forget an unhooking mat ,dave

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to worry chesters1. Us old fellas have built up a tolerance for horrid sights over the years from seeing right many and I doubt you fazed Vagabond in the slightest.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

i probably did.....i was polite :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yep, went to explore a new water, travelling light, with Mk4 Avon, Mitchell, worms and dog biscuits. (BTW Chesters I did have an unhooking mat - I sit on it when I'm not catching )

Was approached by a fluorescent yellow bailiff, who examined my tackle and confiscated an Intrepid Prince Regent I happened to have with me.

Invited me back for a cuppa when I had finished fishing (much appreciated).

I accepted after finding any carp present were not interested in free dog biscuits, and after catching an enormous perch by freelining a worm at the base of the dam. All perch are enormous if they are the first fish you catch from a new water - this one was two and a half - (ounces, that is :P )

Drank the welcome cuppa in the K P Morrit shrine.

This Holy of Holies was illustrated recently on one of Chester's threads. An amazing collection of Intrepids, plus a lot of background information including GA diagrams of the reels, photos of Morrits machine shop, etc etc.

Highlight was an example of the very first Morrit reel - a really chunky solid piece of machinery.

Was informed I was the first Anglers' Netster to meet the inimitable Chesters and be shown this piece of angling history.

Glad to know the reel had a little historical value and is now in the right place. We really should cherish our angling history - not just the Aerials and Hardy Cascapaedias, but products from lesser manufacturers as well.

Thanks Chesters to you and your good lady for the hospitality - and get that book published soon.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

err did you read the handbook ,the carp consist of 2 orangy koi about 6/8 lbs a brassy one about the same ,a white one rarely seen of 10lbs ish and 2 (as far as i have observed) very dark commons of 10/12 lbs and some 1.5 lb offspring??? or introduced ,not a carp water by anymeans and bivvies a amusing rarety .

there is reputed to be a bream in there and a jack about 3lbs.

a nice water to be by hence my involvement ,quiet safe and you can see the bailiff coming to hide that third rod ,p.s watch out for the girl bailiff who occasionally turns up she's not as laid back as the flourescent yellow one :)

thanks again for your visit just to prove i can be very very occasionally errrrrrr ok

[ 27. April 2005, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Vagabond:

Yep, went to explore a new water, travelling light, with Mk4 Avon, Mitchell, worms and dog biscuits. (BTW Chesters I did have an unhooking mat - I sit on it when I'm not catching    )

Was approached by a fluorescent yellow bailiff, who examined my tackle and confiscated an Intrepid Prince Regent I happened to have with me.

Invited me back for a cuppa when I had finished fishing (much appreciated).

I accepted after finding any carp present were not interested in free dog biscuits, and after catching an enormous perch by freelining a worm at the base of the dam. All perch are enormous if they are the first fish you catch from a new water - this one was two and a half - (ounces, that is   :P   )

Drank the welcome cuppa in the K P Morrit shrine.

This Holy of Holies was illustrated recently on one of Chester's threads. An amazing collection of Intrepids, plus a lot of background information including GA diagrams of the reels, photos of Morrits machine shop, etc etc.

Highlight was an example of the very first Morrit  reel - a really chunky solid piece of machinery.

Was informed I was the first Anglers' Netster to meet the inimitable Chesters and be shown this piece of angling history.

Glad to know the reel had a little historical value and is now in the right place. We really should cherish our angling history - not just the Aerials and Hardy Cascapaedias, but products from lesser manufacturers as well.

Thanks Chesters to you and your good lady for the hospitality - and get that book published soon.

Sounds touching, almost tragic, AlottaVag'

But do please be aware: the Guys Who Can Actually DO IT might have moved on some...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

the koi are very canny ,a young kid last year was determined to catch one and sat for hours in the corner where they turn up in their patrolling ,as one approached he quite expertly freelined a bit of bread within a foot of it ,no splash ,nothing to spook the fish ,it got within 6" noticed the bait and he and his chums headed at great speed for the opposite end :D

told you so was on my lips but i said nothing ,for a junior member his patience deserved silence :D

mr bootes arrived in the intrepid grotto :D nice to see you follow the quality posters :cool: