Budget baitrunner reels?

GlennB

p.s. I presume the 30/40/50 in the model name refers to general size+capacity? The 30 smaller, the 50 bigger? There are several 50's on Ebay, but I'm guessing these would be the bigger ones?

ta

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought an Okuma Interceptor 50 for less than 30 quid some time ago, and recently got an Undertaker 50 for just under 25 quid. Both good quality reels at a price I could afford. Well pleased !!

Terry

Well ye know my opinion on the matter. I've only been ranting in favour of Okumas now for 2-3 years.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I subscribed to IYCF last month, they sent me an Okuma Dynadrag 50 for free, used it once, seems ok - well for nowt anyway!

And I swear by my Okuma Epix reels - spot on

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

• 5 years later...

Just noticed this cropping up in the search logs, so I'm bringing it to the top to see if opinions have changed at all...

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My opinion has always been get a well looked after second hand Shimano GTE.

The Okumas do get good reviews though. For those who have had them for a few years now, did they stand the test of time?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

My opinion has always been get a well looked after second hand Shimano GTE.

The Okumas do get good reviews though. For those who have had them for a few years now, did they stand the test of time?

I have got an okuma interceptor pro,very good for the price, try looking at argos. they have got a shimano baitrunner on offer at the moment :)

I don't like the new baitrunners - the clutch doesn't seem as good and the build quality feels inferior. I managed to get hold of a good second-hand GTE last year from ebay so I have 3 of them now. It is very hard getting hold of the GTEs second-hand (have a look on ebay - I bet there aren't any, or very few) which I think tells its own story...

(I mean the original GTE Aero, not the new GTE-C or -B or whatever - loads of them!)

EDIT I just had a quick look on ebay and actually there are a fair few about at the moment - this is unusual, so if you want one, now would be the time!

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

My only baitrunner is a big fat Mitchell MD60. OK for heavyweight work but it really seems too big + heavy for the kind of rods you'd want to use for modest carp and bream etc.

Any recommendations?

Around the 40 squid mark would be quite extravagant by my cheapo standards, but all advice gratefuly received

cheers

Simple - e-bay! Early 3000/4000/4500 Aero range - the original and best.

Repetition - I just noticed that someone else recommended this option too! It must be the right thing to do then!

Edited by arbocop

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."