New Member - Fishing in Bedfordshire

MadRuss

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, my names Russell I'm the little brother of Mad Mat Hillman.

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any places for good general course fisheries in Bedfordshire preferably ones still with a chance of a 20lb+ Carp?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, my names Russell I'm the little brother of Mad Mat Hillman.

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any places for good general course fisheries in Bedfordshire preferably ones still with a chance of a 20lb+ Carp?

Welcome to AN Russell. Sadly I don't know anywhere in the area but someone will very likely be along shortly who does.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Russ and I used to fish Tingrith quite a bit until they stopped doing daytickets. We'd like to find some new waters to try, He is getting a bit fed up of driving all the way over to Essex to fish my local waters with me :lol:

Mat

Mat

Not my area, but welcome to the Forum!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

As Andrew said Vauxhall, or you have Newport Pagnel, luton angling,watford, have a look on the Environmental agency web site they have a map of areas and the club and waters within each one which might be of use.

I did fish Newport pagnell for quite a few years they do have 20lb + carp in some of there lakes , the abbeys used do well for carp.

all the best.

just one more cast then I'am off home

What do you want to know??

Originally from luton so know most of the waters in the area.

General fishing with chances of everything i would pick from 3 clubs

Vauxhall AC

Luton AC

Milton Keynes (technically bucks but most of the waters are round that way anyway)

Vauxhall main waters are the sharnbrook lakes complex with river aswell

Lakes hold Carp to 35 Bream To 14 tench to 9

River holds barbel 16 (possibly a record to be found on these strecthes )

Chub 7

all waters contain pike,perch,roach etc.

Luton AC

beckerings resevoir ,tingrith

large carp ,bream tench

also a lot of canal with large carp in it

river sections they have i never really rated.

Milton Keynes

Loads of lakes reasonable amount of River

Lakes are mainly carp to around 35lb there are a few big bream but hard to locate.

river adams mill is now back on the club ticket but its not the water it was,

reasonable chub and chance of a barbel .

if you want further details i'll do what i can.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys thanks for all the replies, sorry have not replied earlier! I have been busy with work, thought if I work my arse of during the winter a few sick days for fishing in the summer will go unnoticed! :-)

I did use to be a member of Vauxhalls but found the complex at sharnbrook and the rive could have been looked after a little better! Though fishing Tingrith Manor lake is a lot of fun, most fish under 10lbs but they are such animals! Great sport on my Bob James Centerpin.

Would love to find a nice local stretch of river on day ticket that is actually fishable rather than being full of weed at the first sign of some sun!