okuma reels

CARPBOB3

hi all

i have just become a member of this site and over the last two days have been very amused at some of the post on here.....

on a serious note i would like to know if anyone has used the okuma baitfeeder reels yet and if so would they recommend it. i already have the okuma ER 30 reel which i have found to be of excellent value and a nice reel to use. if it is a good reel im hoping santa (the other half)may put in my stocking this xmas.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will notre that somewhere on one or two of the fishing sites you will see a review of the Okuma ER30 written by myself and it remains one of my favourites!

As for the bait feeder type reels I have experience of three from the Okuma stable they are the Coranado 50 size the Epix in the 50 size and the Longbow in the 30 size.....

I can go into a lot of detail if I were writing a review and in due course I will when I have tortured them some more!!!

However all I can say that from my experience with all the above buy with confidence.

Bear in mind that I have no tie up with the company in any way other than being a satisfied customer.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

cheers Alan

well it looks like thats one of my xmas pressie's sorted out ( our lass will be pleased .....NOT) will have to get a catalogue to find more pressies for myself and maybe a new rod for our lass she might not get to use it but i will .... but never mind she always has the pleasure of doing my packup for the day. :)

CARPBOB3 - welcome to you. Glad you are getting chuckles from some of the threads. Hopefully the ones that are supposed to be funny though.

What fish/tactics/etc. do you favor (yup - I'm American and try to avoid those extra "u" things whenever possible).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I have to agree. I use the Toledos for Piking and they havn't let me down.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Ok bad comment, well not on the reals just on the pricing,

The RRp is stated at £69.99 but we all know that you can get them for £39.99 or less, why is the RRP so high.

In fact one catologue referred to a real designed to be the best real for less than £25...great, it was for sale at £24.99...seems fine...but the RRP was stated as £35.99, so how come that was the RRP if the designers were told to design the best real for under £25.....this seems like marketing gone mad.

As to the reels themselves, i had a go with the all metal one "metaloisd it may have been called"....absolutely beautiful, were I to buy one it may even get a place in my tackle box with my browning revolver and that really is saying something.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

phil dean:

Ok bad comment, well not on the reals just on the pricing,

The RRp is stated at £69.99 but we all know that you can get them for £39.99 or less, why is the RRP so high.

In fact one catologue referred to a real designed to be the best real for less than £25...great, it was for sale at £24.99...seems fine...but the RRP was stated as £35.99, so how come that was the RRP if the designers were told to design the best real for under £25.....this seems like marketing gone mad.

Anglers like a bargain, or as a retailer told me once "I've never come across a group of people so unwilling to pay for their sport". So tackle is produced and given an RRP far in excess of it value simply so that they are always marked down and the anger thinks he's got a good deal. Have a look at the Pro Performance range marketed by WMAC. They have never been sold at their RRP - they were 50% off the RRP from the first time they were ever advertised to the present day.

Example: On the back of Angling times WMAC are adverising a 3.4m landing net handle for £39.99. The marked RRP is £79.99. Who on earth would pay £79.99 for a landing net handle! There are plenty of other examples in a similar vein.

At the end of the day, unless you're buying last years model, if a rod is selling for £50 it's a £50 rod - putting an RRP of £100 will never make it £100 quality.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.