keeping warm

nursejudy

I'm another fan of Sundridge clothing. I'd suggest you look at the Nimbus suit which is a 2 piece outer + a 2 piece detachable inner called a Sleepskin.

The advantage is that you wear 1,2, 3 or 4 garments depending on the conditions and the time of year. Avoid a 1 piece suit whatever you do as it's a big problem when you need a pee!

Another Sundridge product I can thoroughly recommend is their neoprene boots - incredibly comfortable. See my review at http://anglersnet.co.uk/reviews/sundridge.htm

By the boots in the picture have come out blue, but they are in fact green! I seem to recall there are 2 other colours available as well.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the Sundridge Minus Ten two piece suit last Winter which has the sleepskin suit as well. It's certainly very warm and light but does anybody else find that the sleepskin irritates the skin? Not horrendously so so that you can't wear it but enough to be uncomfortable.

Paul

I feel the cold something rotten so I wear so many close I can hardly walk :D Firstly, the full Helly Hansen outfit (thermals), then my normal warm fishing clothes with the fluffy baby grow over that. Then a pair of ski-techs on the feet and a decent fleece hat. All that and I still feel the cold if I'm out there for long enough! The secret when it's really cold is to move about - take a lure rod! Also, try and find somewhere sheltered if it's possible, it's the wind that's the real killer. Try and eat/drink something hot and avoid alchohol.

A word of warning, be extra careful at the waters edge with all that extra clothing on.

[ 11. November 2002, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Waterman ]

A long time ago, on the Fleet, a chap in a gun punt was mistaken in the dark for a flock of ducks by another gunner on the shore. He got a charge of shot across his back and the only thing that saved him serious injury, was the dog-skin waistcoat that he was wearing.

Does anybody wear dog-skin to keep warm nowadays?

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.co.uk/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

I wear two dogskins when I go to bed Jim, only difference is they have still got dogs in them, Lovely and warm though

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Tinca61:

I bought the Sundridge Minus Ten two piece suit last Winter which has the sleepskin suit as well. It's certainly very warm and light but does anybody else find that the sleepskin irritates the skin? Not horrendously so so that you can't wear it but enough to be uncomfortable.

Never had a problem myself but I wear just the trousers next to the skin. The top I wear over a padded shirt.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Cartman's advice about the army suplus may be your best starting point, especially if you're on a 'budget'. Army long johns are made to keep you warm and last.

Keeping dry is also a very important part of keeping warm, I think. May sound obvious, but you can have all the warm fleeces in the world on, but they won't be that warm if you get a soaking.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Gloves - I like em but never liked taking em off to do things that needed finger skin (like casting or tying a rig or whatever).

Got a couple pair now that have half-fingers and a mitten covering that will flip back out of the way at need (or if not too cold) leaving the fingers free but the hand covered. One pair in wool in case I expect to get them wet often. One pair in gortex/thinsulate that are fine for rain but with the half-fingers, will get wet if put in the water. Not expensive from Bass Pro (under $10 a pair) and a real life-saver in cold weather.

As for the rest (and especially for the ladies), not sure about the UK but in the US you can get long underware with a butt-flap that will drop down to allow essential business without exposing much of your body to the elements.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Butt-flaps! Now that's what I call a cute little Americanism! The bite alarm goes, there is Nurse Judy rushing out from the undergrowth to grab her rod butt, with her butt-flaps frantically flying in the cold, winter wind, her cute little buttocks ----- :P , need I say more? By the way, her butt flaps, not the rod's! Yep, an interesting picture :D:D:D . Defies the imagination really!

[ 12. November 2002, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]