Tench

stooby

Hi all,

I know people say that Spring through to summer is the best time to fish for Tench, but out of curiosity when will your first outing for Tench be?... I have heard that people catch them all different times of year so I wondered if anyone specifically targeted them outside of the usual season?

Cheers,

Stu...

Hi all,

I know people say that Spring through to summer is the best time to fish for Tench, but out of curiosity when will your first outing for Tench be?... I have heard that people catch them all different times of year so I wondered if anyone specifically targeted them outside of the usual season?

Cheers,

Stu...

The best time to get into the tench is usually some time in April - as soon as you get that first warm spell, they usually really switch on. You can catch them before that though, apparently it's the increasing light levels that initially wake them up. So you can start catching them from Feb/March, but that first warm April weather will be the key time :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi all,

Cheers,

Stu...

They do turn up fairly often in matches in winter , last week i had a couple around 2lb each , but ive found the proper sizes start coming out around march april time in bigger numbers.

Edited by tony tinca

Hi

returned to my winter stillwater roach campaign last weekend now its defrosted. The river was in flood so ideal time to try.

I did catch 2 nice roach but a carp angler leaving had a tench overnight. I then had 2 tench and lost a 3rd and a friend fishing near me also had a tench.

This is not a water that holds lots of tench and you only get the odd one in spring/smmer so it was quite a surprise. The water temp on sunday was 7.9c whereas the previous sunday was 4.4c I can only assume the sudden rise awoke them.

John

I plan to start fishing for them around July/August, when it defrosts up here and then it'll be over again by September, when it snows again.

You can tell when when the tench are ready to feed when the Polar bears head North and Moose start to appear. Have to watch though. The Mammoths can be a bit noisy too.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...