Fish 'n' Tips

Elton

I agree in principle, but it's hard to be objective and to not prejudge a mag that's so in your face. I hate to say it, but the articles would have to be really outstanding for me to put up with the schoolboy innuendo. But as I said before, it's not really aimed at me.

On Saturday, I saw that the small newsagent in our local market had a few copies in, (the only place I've seen it). I picked it up and opened it at what looked like a promising article on barbel. My first impression was, I'll buy it, but then I started to see the 'laddish' side of it, including the centrefold, and boyish puns. Although the articles looked interesting, I just couldn't take it seriously. I know it's not aimed at my age group, but the 'Nuts' and 'Zoo' style, detracted from what could be a very good magazine in my opinion.

I put it back on the rack and left.

When passing later, I showed it to my wife. She just laughed, shook her head, and said, "They must be desperate, I didn't realise angling was in such a bad way".

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've had no luck finding a copy so I have decided to forget it and save my pennies for some decent books that are dedicated to particular species.

Plus I prefer my women in the flesh (real, alive) as opposed to pictures of them. And yes I can still pull easier than you might think, often young enough to be my granddaughter...hehehe

I just have a job remembering what I am supposed to do with them once I have them... :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by watatoad

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I still haven't seen the magazine, but as a point of interest, am I the only bloke on here who quite likes fit women?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I still haven't seen the magazine, but as a point of interest, am I the only bloke on here who quite likes fit women?

Yes. Clearly anyone who doesn't like the look of this mag is a massive gay :rolleyes:

(Anyway, I thought you liked little bald men in leather...? I'm sure that was you ;) )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes. Clearly anyone who doesn't like the look of this mag is a massive gay :rolleyes:

(Anyway, I thought you liked little bald men in leather...? I'm sure that was you ;) )

I didn't say anything about anyone's sexuality, so quite where that came from is beyond me.

As a lad, I used to go to a lot of car shows and subscribed to various car magazines, where scantily clad women were fairly normal and still are. It doesn't offend me in the slightest - I just wondered how far in the minority I was here?

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Sorry Elton, I was only joking :) Well, trying to.

I personally prefer my angling articles minus the semi-naked shop girls, but I imagine it's me who's in the minority overall.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Sorry Elton, I was only joking :) Well, trying to.

I personally prefer my angling articles minus the semi-naked shop girls, but I imagine it's me who's in the minority overall.

LOL

Like I say, I haven't seen the magazine yet. They've sent me two, apparently, but it looks like my postie may share the same 'likes' as me :D Therefore, I can't comment on the content. It just does look to me like some people here are that put off by the style of the magazine that they won't buy it. That's fair enough - I went into WH Smiths at the weekend and was absolutely astounded by the number of niche magazines available out there. It's quite obvious that, whatever the area of interest, no single magazine is going to dominate it entirely.

It'll be interesting to see what my wife makes of this one, when I leave it lying around.

LOL

Like I say, I haven't seen the magazine yet. They've sent me two, apparently, but it looks like my postie may share the same 'likes' as me :D Therefore, I can't comment on the content. It just does look to me like some people here are that put off by the style of the magazine that they won't buy it. That's fair enough - I went into WH Smiths at the weekend and was absolutely astounded by the number of niche magazines available out there. It's quite obvious that, whatever the area of interest, no single magazine is going to dominate it entirely.

It'll be interesting to see what my wife makes of this one, when I leave it lying around.

Hi Elton,

I 'll be really interested in your view on this topic, I'm certain Mark will be as well, there is no doubt opinion is divided.

I've written a number of articles for the magazine now and I'm sure that it will be successful and evolve.

Having seen and read the first issue I think the mix and writing styles are excellent and different enough to appeal to a new as well as an existing audience.

We can discuss the obvious issues till the cows come home and as I said opinions will be divided, but I do smile at some of the humbug, I use that word instead of hypocrisy!

You mention the car shows, it was no different at the Angling Shows!

All the best.

Steve

Edited by STEVE POPE