Fish 'n' Tips

Elton

Don't get excited - they'll be fake plastic ones. :P

I take it you've seen the ad, then?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I take it you've seen the ad, then?

No, someone on another forum mentioned there was a naked girl on the back of the mag and I just err... put two and two together! :D

And what will you do with the magazine!? :o

Damn and blast it! I was going to say the very same thing.

We'll grow up one day.... :rolleyes:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

It's held at the Abbey Stadium (postcode B97 6EJ), Budgie - 9:00am - 2:00pm and it's £2 to get in. Parking is free. Gary Mills will be there, offering free advice and valuations on Youngs reels and so will Paul Cook, along with lots of stalls full of vintage tackle. The nearby Forge Mill museum has a small display of vintage tackle that's worth seeing, as well:

http://www.forgemill.org.uk/

Thanks mate.My Mum and brother live in Redditch and Ive been meaning to go for some time but allways miss it! Going to try this year.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Did you get a copy, Budgie?

Could be worth a few quid in the future :(

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I looked through a copy in WH Smiths yesterday (either they'd just restocked the shelf or they hadn't sold any). It's a strange mag, the articles look good, decent writers and good photos, but turn the page and the 70s smut/unfunny schoolboy humour/cartoons with women in bikinis just spoils it. I got as far as a bit about using women's pubic hair to make hair rigs (with a joke about 'something smells fishy') and put it back.

I'm afraid I can't agree with Mark that it's '100% a serious fishing magazine'.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I looked through a copy in WH Smiths yesterday (either they'd just restocked the shelf or they hadn't sold any). It's a strange mag, the articles look good, decent writers and good photos, but turn the page and the 70s smut/unfunny schoolboy humour/cartoons with women in bikinis just spoils it. I got as far as a bit about using women's pubic hair to make hair rigs (with a joke about 'something smells fishy') and put it back.

I'm afraid I can't agree with Mark that it's '100% a serious fishing magazine'.

Makes no odds now, Anderoo. I've been told that that was the first, and last, issue. Seems a shame as, like it or loathe it, it was the first 'different' fishing mag for ages. Anyone else considering launching a fishing magazine now is likely to stick to the same format as every other one out there, I'd have thought.

Makes no odds now, Anderoo. I've been told that that was the first, and last, issue. Seems a shame as, like it or loathe it, it was the first 'different' fishing mag for ages. Anyone else considering launching a fishing magazine now is likely to stick to the same format as every other one out there, I'd have thought.

Crikey, that was quick. It sounds like their market research was probably self selecting and only told them what they wanted to hear. I guess there's a reason all the other mags have a similar format.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Couldn't find a copy of the thing anywhere, must have looked in 5 or 6 different supermarkets and a couple of WH Smiths over the last week or so.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Im afraid it is one of those I told you so moments. It is a shame for those involved as I am sure they have lost some rather large sums of money but I think that had they researched their target audience correctly they may have decided to tone it down a bit and generated some sales based on the articles rather than the..... erm.... tips ;) .

I am glad that a publication such as this does not hold water as it reflects badly on anglers as a whole in my opinion but at the same time I can appreciate the time and money that someone has lost as a result of this so I think to mock that is a little unkind.

Oh well. I am sure they will live and learn and maybe have another go at an altogether more serious style of mag.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk