Fish 'n' Tips

Elton

As far as I am concerned an angler being daubed in sponsors logos is enough and theres no need for anything else really.

You pulled a photo of an angler wearing nothing but sponsors' logos? :o

yes but is it moisture proof?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sincere thanks to Elton, AtS and Anderoo for the kind words, very much appreciated.

Practically finished my second feature, just need to get out shortly and catch a few barbel to finish it off.

Mark has already covered some concerns and I would just add that whatever I write for Fish N Tips I would happily put on my website or in the Barbel Fisher magazine.

This is serious barbel stuff, written with a smile on my face :) , and for an audience that I treat with the utmost respect.

I'm really excited about all of this and I know Mark is as pleased as could be, we both hold positions in major fishing organisations and there is no way we would put that at risk.

So have an open mind and keep an eye out for that first issue!

All the very best,

Steve

I love to read people who not only educate, but allow their natural character to shine through... Terry Doe and Jim Gibbinson come rapidly to mind - and rarely a product name mentioned innecessarily.

Good luck Steve.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Thanks Alan,

I totally agree with you with regards to a writer's personality coming through, I truly believe the Blog culture which is really an extension of this type of thing has gone a long way to making that happen.

If you are writing almost daily it is nigh on impossible for the real you not to come through.

Mark has given me plenty of free rein which is brilliant because the only constraints from my point of view are in my head!

Like many anglers who have been around for a while I'm lucky to have many friends, some well known and eithers not. I'll be making sure readers meet these guys as well.

I am sponsored, but as I said before I have high regard for anyone who takes the time to read what I write and it would be stupid of me to take that support for granted by overdoing the placement thing.

Atb,

Steve

PS. I think this is the first time since Anglersnet started that I've put together three posts! Let me just say that Elton has done a fantastic job to steer his site through the heavy seas of forum land these past ten or so years, big respect from me.

PS. I think this is the first time since Anglersnet started that I've put together three posts! Let me just say that Elton has done a fantastic job to steer his site through the heavy seas of forum land these past ten or so years, big respect from me.

Weren't you involved in a certain 'Unity' thread a while back? That had a post or two! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks Alan,

I totally agree with you with regards to a writer's personality coming through, I truly believe the Blog culture which is really an extension of this type of thing has gone a long way to making that happen.

If you are writing almost daily it is nigh on impossible for the real you not to come through.

I agree about the blog culture..... I find Henry Gilbey's blog on Facebook really rivetting reading. It's witty and urbane, but also allows his undoubted passion to shine.

It's great to see a 'face' lose one like the rest of us...even better when he allows his irritation to show - and by God, he does that!!!!!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Any chance of a modern day Mr. Crabtree style cartoon?

Something along the lines of.....

'spec for the man an' his bro..

"Yo blud lets go dahn the riv man and see if we can pull some fish wit' ma new 'pin bro"

"Nah man get real innit I still playin' ma Gameboy yeah"

"Nah son, really, we got some tinnies, a nine bar and' some green in da back of de Golf yeah so respec' your ol' man right?"

"Respec'? You crazy man when you just go dahn de riv wid your stuff man an' me an de boys can stay here an' break stuff an' dis people yeah?"

"Yo, son, you got no 'spec' for your elders special since I bought yo new gumboots man. Turn off dat machine an' go an' score me a litre of gentles man innit"

........well you know the sort of thing, keeping up with the lingo and all that jazz?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

FFS!....lol....that's class. I feel a new quote for my signature coming on. I just haven't decided which bit yet.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I'd rather have t1ts and bums than yet another article on how to tie a hair-rig with bright red wool.

Wool is crap for hair-rigs anyway. Who thought that up?

;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...