A couple of Richard Carter reels

Rusty

Interesting thread, but wait a minute - you've fished Redmire? Redmire - THE Redmire?

Stuff CP centrepins, how do I get to fish there!

Yup THE Redmire - spent a brilliant weekend in the company of some mates from the IAC back in July 05. We booked the place for a Fish-in!!! Bookings open usually around the end of Jan - just missed it for this year - see... http://www.redmirepool.biz/ and one of our number took a day off work and continually dialled the number until eventually getting through - and joy of joys we got a weekend in high summer (2 nights). We all caught - though nothing over about 8lbs. At least a couple of us from AN went, think there might be an old thread and some pics on here somewhere in the archives....

C.

Here's the thread though most of the pictures are no more - alas!

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Redmire...&hl=redmire

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup THE Redmire - spent a brilliant weekend in the company of some mates from the IAC back in July 05. We booked the place for a Fish-in!!! Bookings open usually around the end of Jan - just missed it for this year - see... http://www.redmirepool.biz/ and one of our number took a day off work and continually dialled the number until eventually getting through - and joy of joys we got a weekend in high summer (2 nights). We all caught - though nothing over about 8lbs. At least a couple of us from AN went, think there might be an old thread and some pics on here somewhere in the archives....

C.

I never knew it was available to fish for minions. Just had a look - it's not cheap is it! Maybe another time.

I'd just like to go there, soak up the atmosphere.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I never knew it was available to fish for minions. Just had a look - it's not cheap is it! Maybe another time.

Blimey - gone up a lot - think we paid around £50 a head...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Blimey - gone up a lot - think we paid around £50 a head...

C.

£1 a day when I last fished it in the 1960's :D:D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

£1 a day when I last fished it in the 1960's :D:D

Den

Crikey, just at the time as well.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Correct, the retaining fork was fitted to the back of the drum to tidy up the front, no other reason. Makes it a bit fiddly to remove the drum though.

Speaking of which, this is exactly what I wanted to find out as the only way I could release the drum from my reel was to manually push the fork back by sticking my fingers inside between the spokes and pushing the fork back, being careful not to bend the spokes. Madness. :rolleyes:

What is the correct procedure? I've got an Avon Elite.

Speaking of which, this is exactly what I wanted to find out as the only way I could release the drum from my reel was to manually push the fork back by sticking my fingers inside between the spokes and pushing the fork back, being careful not to bend the spokes. Madness. :rolleyes:

What is the correct procedure? I've got an Avon Elite.

That is the correct procedure as far as I can tell, the maintenance instructions just say ".....for optimum performance remove the spool as infrequently as possible....". Not only does he put the fork at the back of the drum but also turns it upside down so you can't hook a finger nail over it. You just have to be careful.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Well after the initial furor things seem to quietened down a little. Usual e-bay pattern I suppose but I was hoping for some sustained bidding action, maybe the sniperfest will prove more entertaining.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back