Should they ban rod licenses??????????

me

Do you think they should ban rod licenses? I do because it would stop you from getting fines even if you forget it. But they should keep them because the money goes towards building new fisheries and keeping them tidy. What do you think???????? :confused:

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not, Nathan. A rod license is a good way to ensure that, even on waters that are free to the general public, anglers have to have some knowledge and show some responsibility. The only thing wrong with the system is that there aren't enough baliffs checking licences. I dare say that they probably come in for some abuse too, from some of the people caught fishing without a licence. If rod licences were abolished, we'd be back to having youngsters abusing fish, using inappropriate tackle, and probably leaving litter too. I'm glad that the rod licence puts the casual angler off.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Nathan:

I do because it would stop you from getting fines even if you forget it.

i think the reasons for abolishing rod licenses are a little more involved than whether or not you'll get your pocket money stopped if you forget yours.

[ 24. January 2004, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: jeepster ]

Nathan:

I do because it would stop you from getting fines even if you forget it.

Not sure if you mean, forget to buy one or leave it at home. Would you forget to buy the bait? Why forget to buy a licence.

If you have a current licence but forget to take it, which you shouldn't, you will not get fined. It can be checked, to see if you have been truthful about the given details.

[ 24. January 2004, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

I am still in favour of keep the rod licences but wish to see more fishery open up to a multi rod set up like in pike fishing or carp fishing intead of two. :(

I have to agree with Pangolin there isn't enough bailiff going around of any fisheries and catching the real rod licenses dodgers, we have heard it before how lightly the laws stysems on the so call heavy fines. :(:( Again in my last twenty years of fishing I only have one bailiff came and check if I had one. :(:(

I wouldn't mind paying more for the rod licences but not to spend on the creating a NEW SUPER water

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

No i'm not saying that. There's two sides too it. But i'm in favour of the Rod license. That's where the money comes from to hire Bailiffs etc. But some of it probably goes to the Government as well...............

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...