Should they ban rod licenses??????????

me

I agree that people who genuinely have difficulty in being able to pay should receive a discount and this could be made far more possible if those of us who can pay buys a license.

Ian I was talking about the people who can afford to pay but choose not to :mad: because they see the chance of being caught as very slight,I have only had my license checked 3 times in 30 years.

no offense meant mate

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im all for concessions for the less fortunate but come on!

twenty odd quid a year, 2 quid a month, less than 50 pence per week?! I dont care how bad off you are, 50 pence a week is affordable by anyone, especially when you consider what you get for it (a full years fishing).

No disrespect here Ian and anyone else that finds this a harsh view but if i were to be honest to myself I cannot subscribe to the thinking that twenty odd quid a year is unreasonable.

As far as i know the money is put back into the rivers etc by the environment agency....i have no doubt that this is a rose tinted glasses type of view but i genuinely beleive that the majority is put back.

Again, appologies if this upsets anyone.

It's a rather difficult situation IMHO -

on the one hand I personnally have no wish to subsidise the fishing of a malingerer who simply won't work, the lazy buggers should go and get a job so they can afford a licence

but in genuine cases where someone really can't work due to disability or as in Ians case being a full time carer Ithink it'd be great for the person to be issued with a licence for a nominal fee of a quid.

It's a shame that the powers that be find it so difficult to differentiate between the Can't Works and the Won't Works.

Mat

Mat

dizidave:

Im all for concessions for the less fortunate but come on!

twenty odd quid a year, 2 quid a month, less than 50 pence per week?! I dont care how bad off you are, 50 pence a week is affordable by anyone, especially when you consider what you get for it (a full years fishing).

Ian you have my fullest sympathies, it will with time get easier, not better just a little bit easier.

Statements like the above by people who have no idea of your circumstances will of course not help one iota, I fervently hope they are never in your position even though posts like that merit it

! :mad: :mad:

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Anglers' Net Regular

Member # 1101

Originally posted by Ian Bass 04 January, 2003 07:52 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 15 years I have never been asked and have never seen a bailiff. Just as well really as I have never had or will never buy a licence anyway. What do you get for your £20 odd quid? Nothing. so whats the point? I'll take my chances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Ian Bass

I've NEVER been asked for my licence, I suppose it a good job I havn't because up to this year I've never had one! I have NO IDEA why this year I bought one I just did! strange.

I look forward to my first encounter with the EA

[ 31. May 2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Ian Bass ]

Originally posted by Ian Bass

posted 26 April, 2003 08:11 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Medic, I need help!!!!! (no smarta*se comments please ) is there a Doctor on line?

No only have I bought one for me Ive bought one for Eileen as well!!!!!!!

I dont feel well

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

IAN BASS

The man went forth and cast his line upon the water, full in the knowledge that he was in violation of all the teachings of the hierarchy.

And yea so the wroth of the E.A. came down upon him so much that his collar never felt the same.

And so he sayeth look my pockets are empty, unto which they said unto him, verily we shall have the pockets then, for you have heard the prophesy many times before.

And they said,You have offended not only us the E.A. but your fellow man also who have abided by all the teachings. We shall have no sympathy for you or your tribesmen that offend us so.

And from that day forth the man could not least cast his line, he could not put writings on his electric tablet and boast that he was above all others.

THIS WARNING COMES TO YOU ONCE AGAIN IAN

PS Not in trouble yet this year am I John S

[ 25. January 2004, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: Nugg ]

Can anyone point me to where it says that buying a license makes you less likely to drop litter or disturb other anglers ??? Did I miss a meeting ?

I think I read somewhere that only about 1M anglers buy a license - so lets say that raises £30m. How much would be raised by a 5% levy on all tackle and bait ? At least everyone would then have to pay..........

dont even think about suggesting a levy on tackle and bait, thats a ridiculous idea, especially given the thoughts of people in earlier threads who struggle to pay a one off fee. how would they manage paying extra for every pint of maggots they buy?

course it wouldnt affect those enterprising souls like chesters, who grows his own maggots in his underwear drawer and makes rods out of spare bits from his honda 90

I can see the logic of putting 10p on maggots or 5p on hooks, floats and tackle in general. Everyone needs these items and I'm sure it would raise more cash for the EA than licence's do as you would not miss the add 10 or 15p

Evryone would then pay a little. The more you fish the more you pay. Seems fair to me. I fish on about once a week. Why should I pay the same licence fee as a match angler who may fish 5 or 6 times a week