Environmental Health

mr motorola

Morning guys. :)

I had a job booked yesterday , to cut it very short i needed access to a skylight on the top floor of the premises to get to the chimney.

The customer invited me and Dave into the property and what confronted was what can only be described as a scene from a horror movie.

Dog faeces was everywhere and i do mean EVERYWHERE inside the house. We entered through the kitchen and it was pretty much "dodge the poo". We passed through the kitchen , into a hall way , same again then up the 2 flights of stairs , yup all over the stairs too. Bedrooms we passed were covered in the stuff too.

I should add that it was a huge house , probably six maybe seven bedroom (a really old house).

Passing by a bathroom and a couple more bedrooms with the same we reached the top room where the skylight was , eeuurrgghhh , it was a minefield of excrement. My business partner (dave) made his excuses and we left the building. The customer didn't seem too pleased.

Coming back down through the kitchen , i noticed another external door , it looked like it led onto the back garden , at the foot of the door (on the inside) there was a pile of faeces , no exaggerating , probably 12-18 inches high. It looked like the dogs had made an effort to get out and do their business , couldn't and did the deed at the door.

I returned home that night and thought long and hard about whether to report it , i really don't like snooping into anyones business but this was on a whole different scale to anything i had ever witnessed before , i really wish i had taken some pics with my phone but i thought it intrusive and rude so i decided against it.

Anyway , i decided to contact Env Health (by email) reporting the matter.

The problem i had was.........

apart from the immense amounts of dog poo , there was no other signs of dogs. No visible dog sighting , no barking , no whining , no dog food , nothing.

Either the dogs had long gone , died of infection, disease , been killed , i really don't know.

Anyway , i sent an email off and i received a phonecall from the env health this morning saying.....

"because there isn't any infected areas OUTSIDE which could endanger people passing , neighbours etc and the problem is INSIDE the property then theres pretty much nothing we can do. If people choose to live like that then that is their choice and unfortunately we have to respect that. Thankyou for taking the time to report your concerns anyway. "

I should also add that the house really does look very nice from the outside , in fact many a time i've passed the property and thought about putting an offer in to buy it if i won the lottery!!!

So guys , what do i do?

Could i contact animal cruelty , my problem as i've said is that there were no obvious signs of dogs . it was deafly quiet while i was in the property.

Should i leave it or follow it up?

Any advice would be great as its really upset me seeing something like this.

Carl

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Are you sure it was dog excrement Karl, and not human?

John.

Well , the thought did cross my mind John but in hindsight , i'm pretty sure it was canine. I've owned enough dogs in my time to know the difference. I really wish i had taken some pics just to show you guys but i guess i'd get in big trouble with some sort of privacy infringement law.

The closest thing that i can relate it to is the films 'silence of the lambs' or 'seven'. It has certainly opened my eyes as to what actually happens behind closed doors.

I don't want to get any sort of animal cruelty board involved if the dogs are long gone but then , he would have been living in that state for a long time.

Carl

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

might be worth a mention to the RSPCA incase the dogs are locked up somewhere but as the health people say you can live like you wish if its not harming anyone else ,i guess workmen don't count as anyone else in this day and age?

sounds like a poor copy of Mr Trebus if you can actually go from one room to the other ,now that chap did live like a pig but had my opinion on life and councils

http://en-gb.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2260161581

nice obituary here

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2002/oct/05...rdianobituaries

one of lifes great people ,foreign but i'l over look it in this case

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

might be worth a mention to the RSPCA incase the dogs are locked up somewhere but as the health people say you can live like you wish if its not harming anyone else ,i guess workmen don't count as anyone else in this day and age?

That was my thoughts entirely Chesters :yucky:

sounds like a poor copy of Mr Trebus if you can actually go from one room to the other ,now that chap did live like a pig but had my opinion on life and councils

Stick it up your chuffer!

Youtube Video ->Original Video

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Difficult where people's behaviour impinges on their neighbours, but if people want to live like Trebus, that's their business. Watching that clip I felt very sorry for the old fellow - I should think he had his fill of authority imposing itself on him when he was put in a concentration camp.