Where is the best grayling fishing in yorkshire

Tyke

Further to my last....When I say you have to apply to the Fly Section Secretary for a permit, we are able to trot for Grayling using worm, I believe, outside of the Trout fishing season.

Paul

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heyup Tyke,

Got my facts wrong. The Aysgarth stretch of the Ure is memebers only. However, there are other stretches available on day ticket at Worton Bridge, Langthorpe, Roecliffe Top. Plus various stretches of the Wharfe. I suggest you talk to Arthur Padget (Bradford City AA fly section Sec.) about the best Grayling waters. He's a helpful chap who'll put you right(01274 617419).

If you fancy the Addingham waters (Below the Bolton Abbey stretches) then I suggest getting a Bradford No. 1 day ticket as the fishing on the left hand bank is easier...not steep and easier casting. Both clubs state that fishing is by Worm only if after Grayling outside of the Spotty season.

Tight lines.

Paul

Tyke! You have a PM!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Hey-up Tyke,

No ones mentioned the Swale yet, I'm absolutely flabbergasted!! there is some great Grayling fishing on this river.

If you're looking at day-ticket, first place to start is Catterick complex at Swale Lane Catterick, superb summer fishing & no matter how cold it gets superb winter fishing as well.

Grayling average around 1/2lb & the swims are so varied, that no matter what your preference you'll find a swim to drool over.

If you don't mind buying a season ticket, Richmond D.A.S. isn't expensive & you will have acess to miles of good Grayling stretches in N/Yorkshire.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Tyke,

I'm not aware of any websites for either Catterick complex or Richmond D.A.S but other people will no doubts post if there is.

I will however, dig out the phone numbers & post them up.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

sorry i'm a bit late on this one, gotta go with what tinca said about the wharf, Grayling also show further downstream in the Leeds AA stretch above pool bridge

if you are travelling north and fancy some free fishing I had five grayling a couple of weeks ago on a free stretch of the river wear but you'll have a long drive to Durham to fish it.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

I have got to second the info on the river swale..............my absolute favourite river for grayling and barbel. One place found by accident is the river Nidd actually inside the Mother Shiptons cave complex in Harrogate, at the weir just below the lido there is a large triangular rock jutting out from the weir wall. I fish of that just dipping my hand into the water and getting pices of silk weed to put on the hook, I trot this into slack areas of the weir pool for some very good bags of grayling and trout. One further suggestion is the Costa Beck, day ticket water, just a narrow stream, and chock full of grayling, tickets are only £2 / day and best location is the area around Flamingo Land. Tight Lines.