13 Animals Recently Driven to Extinction

Slack lines

Question, how many became extinct in your life time?

9 in my time

For centuries, we humans have been destroying the natural habitat of animals for our own purposes, whether by deforestation, over-hunting, or because of over-population. Our lust for natural resources often overcomes the natural ecology. According to the IUCN Red list, over forty-thousand species are facing extinction. Here is an entire list of some of the more recent species that have gone completely and will never walk the earth ever again.............

READ ON...

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

never mind you wont notice a thing ,natures way is far more drastic if 75% of everything living disappeared overnight nature would still be the winner and has done it without our help many times in the past

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

It is estimated that 99% of species ever to have existed are now extinct. We should not recklessly add to that total, but nor should we forget that extinction is as natural a process as speciation.

:angry:

There are possibly tens of thousands of species becoming extinct in the rain forests as we speak due to deforestation.

would it effect us if everything in the rain forest died? when did you last eat orang-utan or tipped your arrows with poison from a frog?

if cows died ,pigs and sheep disapapeared and grain mountains caught fire perhaps but they aint in any rain forests around here (well perhaps the odd boar).

its suggested without oil the max amount of humans the planet can maintain is 500? million so eating local cows not far of apes is better for the planet ,i can honestly say any apes or poison frogs are safe if i bump into them but in this 21st century are they really important ,is anything outside of england really important?

i can just as easily not eat new zealand lamb as eat it ,i dont need tilapia or coconuts to exist in reality do i ,having never eaten ape or tipped pointy things with frog secretions i know to me they are irrelevant in my life so not needed so let them die ,if i ate apes and used pointy sticks perhaps i may think differently

if kids starve to feed me and johny foreigner goes naked to clothe me who's fault is that ,i dont ask them to make them but i'm not stupid enough to not grab it with both hands ,let them and their apes dwindle and die not a lot will change here in my little circle of existence.

i'v not bought new shoes nor many clothes for decades and what i have will last for a few more or i will buy second hand ,my personal influence on the world is minute its the rest that do the damage and i can bet more than 99.99999999999999999999999999% are foreign so let them die ,you dont neednew teak or mahogany furniture there's several hundred years of old stuff better made and will last you or your kids out so you can only blame those that demand new stuff ,do you?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

:angry:

would it effect us if everything in the rain forest died? when did you last eat orang-utan or tipped your arrows with poison from a frog?

if cows died ,pigs and sheep disapapeared and grain mountains caught fire perhaps but they aint in any rain forests around here (well perhaps the odd boar).

its suggested without oil the max amount of humans the planet can maintain is 500? million so eating local cows not far of apes is better for the planet ,i can honestly say any apes or poison frogs are safe if i bump into them but in this 21st century are they really important ,is anything outside of england really important?

i can just as easily not eat new zealand lamb as eat it ,i dont need tilapia or coconuts to exist in reality do i ,having never eaten ape or tipped pointy things with frog secretions i know to me they are irrelevant in my life so not needed so let them die ,if i ate apes and used pointy sticks perhaps i may think differently

if kids starve to feed me and johny foreigner goes naked to clothe me who's fault is that ,i dont ask them to make them but i'm not stupid enough to not grab it with both hands ,let them and their apes dwindle and die not a lot will change here in my little circle of existence.

i'v not bought new shoes nor many clothes for decades and what i have will last for a few more or i will buy second hand ,my personal influence on the world is minute its the rest that do the damage and i can bet more than 99.99999999999999999999999999% are foreign so let them die ,you dont neednew teak or mahogany furniture there's several hundred years of old stuff better made and will last you or your kids out so you can only blame those that demand new stuff ,do you?

I've read some shite on here in the past, but this takes the biscuit. Gobsmacked! :rolleyes:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

the biggest reason for destruction of the rain forest is for palm oil ,we dont need palm oil the big companies do to make bigger profits ,we dont need teak we dont need any hard woods ,we dont really need food from half way across the world ,we think we do to get it cheaper we dont its so huge multi nationals get bigger profits ,its not shite its true when did you eat ape last ,never therefore we dont need them to eat and as they produce nothing but shite they are of no value to us either well unless you get some pleasure out of foreign people or animals? i dont so to me they are all irrelevant and not needed

ass i said those with more interest or use will think differently

nothing will change until oil (or other commodities) are gone ,so use them and go forward or more likely settle back and live within your ten miles ,walk down your aisles at sainsburys just how much do you buy out of the thousands of items on display? i for one think pasta and all the rest of the foreign wheat based stuff is only fit for animals ,those that like eating crap may think differently but we dont need it do we? if you dont need it but only desire it your the one doing the harm not i ,if you desire your tilapia then not only do you use oil toi get it what do the africans eat? dust ,after all if anything from abroad was much good they would eat it themselves! no? and we wouldnt get any

how many potatoes do we get from south america? i bet none we can feed ourselves if we dont insist on buying on a whim foreign stuff that needs posh gravy to hide its really animal food

do you need everything to be new or from abroad ? ofcourse not its a whim and puts them blame entirely on you for buying it when you can do without it and poxy foreigners supplying it ,i'm fine i never hurt one ape or rain forest sitting here ;) if foreigners want to rape their land and pollute their kids its their choice not me forcing them to do it ,if the local furniture shops raking it in selling teak furniture or selling us foreign food we don't need who's to blame ,you! not i

i have teak and mahogany but not new my stuffs impact on the world was pre oil or palm oil

y7ou will pipe up and point out most of the stuff is from china ,it doesnt have to be we dont insist its made there do we ,we may like the low prices only a fool wouldnt but once the oils gone i bet it will be made much closer to hand and the world would keep its forests apes and pointy stick frogs if ofcourse you dont wipe them out first ,driving 6 miles to a boot fair to buy 10 second hand (but still presentable) tee shirts is far better for apes etc than buying them new from the other side of the world ,the person i brought them from did that not i

if foreign people or animals have no impact on my life then to me they are expendable every single one ,if you like them dont buy from abroad simple

Edited by chesters1

the biggest reason for destruction of the rain forest is for palm oil ,we dont need palm oil the big companies do to make bigger profits ,we dont need teak we dont need any hard woods ,we dont really need food from half way across the world ,we think we do to get it cheaper we dont its so huge multi nationals get bigger profits ,its not shite its true when did you eat ape last ,never therefore we dont need them to eat and as they produce nothing but shite they are of no value to us either well unless you get some pleasure out of foreign people or animals? i dont so to me they are all irrelevant and not needed

ass i said those with more interest or use will think differently

nothing will change until oil (or other commodities) are gone ,so use them and go forward or more likely settle back and live within your ten miles ,walk down your aisles at sainsburys just how much do you buy out of the thousands of items on display? i for one think pasta and all the rest of the foreign wheat based stuff is only fit for animals ,those that like eating crap may think differently but we dont need it do we? if you dont need it but only desire it your the one doing the harm not i ,if you desire your tilapia then not only do you use oil toi get it what do the africans eat? dust ,after all if anything from abroad was much good they would eat it themselves! no? and we wouldnt get any

how many potatoes do we get from south america? i bet none we can feed ourselves if we dont insist on buying on a whim foreign stuff that needs posh gravy to hide its really animal food

do you need everything to be new or from abroad ? ofcourse not its a whim and puts them blame entirely on you for buying it when you can do without it and poxy foreigners supplying it ,i'm fine i never hurt one ape or rain forest sitting here ;)

So anything you don't need need not exist. Eff you jack I'm alright!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

correct but do you need 90% of what you buy? ,dont blame me your the one killing things for a whim of wanting something you dont need to live on.

as i said if everything living in a rainforest died would you really notice in your day to day life?

if its no then does it matter if it does die? perhaps to foreigners yes (we ofcourse are the foreigners to thin out to them,perhaps with poisonous foreign food?) but i'm sure the vast majority of foreigners on this planet have no effect on my life so they wont be missed either ,simple existance thats been going on for 4 billion years only man "likes" things that are no use to him or the odd ape with a kitten or duckling

if someone threatens your mrs you punish them only christians turn the other cheek ,the more foreign things that die the more is left for us simple logic.

the chap two doors away has never been of use to me so does it matter if he suddenly ceases to exist? ,one one hand he may in the future so i will leave him alone but on the other perhaps a useful person may buy his house ,its all 50-50

it may suddenly dawn on some i really dont give a fig for those outside my family ,do i care ofcourse not if no-one responded i would still type i really only use it for wasting time :D if some apes and foreigners die whle i'm doing it it makes it all the more worth while after all most of them dont even bite so are pointless

Edited by chesters1