Anglers Offered Free Shed Alarms

Elton

FREE alarms are being offered to borough anglers to help prevent shed break-ins and the theft of fishing equipment.

Full article here:

http://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/9016...ee_shed_alarms/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Sounds like a good idea, naturally, but after looking at the article, well ... call me a cynic if you will :rolleyes:

"Police in Brockmoor and Pensnett have linked up with Black Country Tackle in Brockmoor to offer the alarms and security tips to customers buying high value goods".

Nothing to do with promoting sales, then? :rolleyes:

A little while ago we had something along these lines up here around the Newcastle area, organised directly by Northumbria Police: not shed alarms, but traceable micro chips ... a variety of different sizes chips that could be hidden / inserted virtually anywhere, and were undetectable unless you had a scanner (apparently available at every police station).

The chips were free on request, and after receiving them, you registered your details against the chip online, the idea being that anything subsequently stolen could be returned if recovered.

The smallest of the chips were about the diameter of a match, and maybe a centimeter long, so could be hidden virtually anywhere, and other larger versions were available, made specifically to fit inside the tubing of say, a cycle / lawnmower (landing net?) in such a way theye were undetectable externally.

I was VERY surprised to see the same items available on open sale a few months later: prices started at £29.99 per item ... I think from memory I had about 15 of them 'gifted' to me, and though thankfully never yet needed, they currently reside, completely hidden, within expensive rods, reels, cameras etc.

if the alarms are magnet ones like on my shed doors then its only a start.

with sheds its importand to screw it together not just nail it and strengthen the joins and door frame with extra pieces screwed to them .

my mate had an alarm and lost all his tools the thieves merely opened up the roof with a screwdriver and took the lot ,you would make just as much noise trying to get my roof open than the door alarm :D

even better keep only a small amount of gear in the shed or get a 6ft locker screw it down and lock it in that and fit extra locks top and bottom.

bar the windows with bars or metal screen screwed well in.

thieves will get anything they want but you can make it so difficult the opportunist ones give up

we did have a movement type one in the big shed but it went off for no particular reason so much it was removed to stop the neighbours continually asking "was that your alarm" :rolleyes:

yes lady it was just how many people fit their alarms in my shed! :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I made sure I tacked a weld on all of the screws on the door hinges on my old shed, too.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i used those security ones that cannot be undone ,no need to replace every screw but 2 on each hinge part will do after all if they want in they are easy to jemmy off anyway or push the pin out

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

My shed alarm

Robbiedoggoesfishing017.jpg

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I'm sure there's a database somewhere of all the customers who have recieved a free alarm - how else would the police, council or whoever acount for the use of public funds ?

Now call me a cynic but this sort of information tends to get handled by people on or near minimum wage.

I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this.......

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

My shed alarm

Robbiedoggoesfishing017.jpg

a bit of mince with some slug pellets will switch that alarm off ;)

as we have found out in the past with our doberman shed guard

Edited by chesters1

Luckily there's no crime in Oxfordshire. The worst that happens here is that someone wears last season's tweed and recieves a thorough tutting.

(Unless you fish at Linch Hill, in which case your tackle is probably safer in an unlocked shed :rolleyes: )

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Luckily there's no crime in Oxfordshire.

Only since you sent Boris to London. :rolleyes::lol:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.