Idiots

countryman

Has anyone else read the bit in the angling mail about the w*****s who thought it was funny to "help" an boy out by not putting a hook on his line with the bait now as the author says thats not the way to encourage the young into the sport personally i think the people should be banned from the place they were fishing if it was private fisheries what a selfish way to behave.

Trev :mad:

SMILE Today is the tommorow you were worrying about yesterday

I agree, that is NOT what angling is about, and I hope the people concerned read this and wish to comment (yeah right, in my dreams!).

I started fishing when I was 13/14 and met people with the same sort of mentality, but also I met others who were all too willing to help out, just as I do now. I've advised on setting up rigs, when to strike, how to handle, unhook, photograph. I've lent out rods and poles, even if it did once result in someone's son getting the elastic into a really amazing tangle in a tree during a recent fish-in near York :rolleyes:

We should do all we can to encourage youngsters to take up angling, and those prats did not get that kid off to a good start. I only hope he realises he was unlucky in meeting a set of idiots, and that he tries again another day.

Any idiots out there are welcome to reply :D

Tight lines

[idiots only - Tight lines but with a boot on the end]

[ 17. July 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I have met some right ******, but some think it is funny to tell you that a swim that is hopeless is catching on a bait that is hopeless, etc, etc.

Grrrrr.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Im 15 an i know all to well about older fisherman(not all of course )who seem to think u havent got a chance of catching fish just because youre young, but me an my mate who is 16 showed them when we went to are local lake an in about 2 hours had about 16 fish each (all roach an quite a few nice bream)an nobody else had anything.I think everyone should do as much as possible do get young people in to fishing after all we all have to start some place. :D

spot on. Although I would expect quite a few young uns would be afraid of approaching an older guy in case they get their head bitten off for standing to close to their 2 grand pole.

richard.

p.s will someone please tell me how to use the quote thingy. ta

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

quote:

p.s will someone please tell me how to use the quote thingy. ta

Assuming you know how to copy and paste. Swipe and copy the text that you want to quote. Go to 'Post A Reply' and select the'Quote' button towards the bottom of the page. Two quotes in brackets will appear and then simply paste the swiped text between the two.

Paul

quote:

Assuming you know how to copy and paste. Swipe and copy the text that you want to quote. Go to 'Post A Reply' and select the'Quote' button towards the bottom of the page. Two quotes in brackets will appear and then simply paste the swiped text between the two.

cheers mate. :)

richard.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

It was appalling, on two fronts. Firstly the braindeads who helped by ommitting a hook should be publically shamed. Secondly, the father should be shot. Fancy dropping an eight year old boy off at a fishery for the day, apparently by himself. Poor little sod didn't know anything about fishing, apart from the fact that he wanted to try his luck. Who knows, the saddo's might have bean total sicko's, the poor little fella now being traipsed across Europe with an ex US marine.

An eight year old being left to fend for himself by the water, what sort of appalling father is that, for heavens sakes? Who would have saved him if he had fallen in and no one else was there to rescue him?

Seems there was one decent bloke there who kept an eye on the little man, but he didn't have to, it wasn't his responsibility. It was only that he was a decent bloke that he did.

The father appaently just dumped the kid to fend for himself, possibly relying on total strangers to keep an eye on his child. It was the fathers job to take his son fishing. Leaving an eight year old like, by the water, that is criminal neglect surely.

i hadnt heard about this story but its sounds appalling. my first time fishin on my own was when i was 12 and i had been fishin since i was 5 so i knew wat 2 do and how to look after myself, an 8 year old has no chance.

quote:

Although I would expect quite a few young uns would be afraid of approaching an older guy in case they get their head bitten off for standing to close to their 2 grand pole.

this was quite true for me and i no kids that go past me now still get a bit scared and back off ( and im only 16) i try to chat to as many people as i can to help if i can. not that my help would come in handy very often.

well done to everyone that trys to help kids and anyone who needs help, we need more of you in are sport!!!

quote:

Posted by Peter Waller.

An eight year old being left to fend for himself by the water, what sort of appalling father is that, for heavens sakes? Who would have saved him if he had fallen in and no one else was there to rescue him?

I could not agree more Peter. I am absolutely flabbergasted that any father could do that to his son. He should be shot at dawn.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote