The law on catching and eating fish

N9T9F14KE

John

It's not so much the eating of fish or not debate, I know there are some on here that do and that's OK for them. It's the OP's deliberate attempt to cause a ruck on here, he is an anti and now admits it, and yet some on here couldn't see that and would rather have a pop at me, not that I mind because at least it wakes up some on here.

These ''anti this and anti that'' are a miserable bunch and delight in civil disorder, and all this in the wake of a angler being drowned .a 57 year old disabled man with a heart condition, who's passion was fishing, they see us as a soft target, and I am the only one on this thread that has taken a stand. For that I make no apologies and quite content to bat back the bitchy comments made by other anglers to a fellow angler.

Pathetic really.

I don't see anything to take a stand about, the guy has now said he's an anti, so what? He's just one of many that has an opinion. Whether that opinion has any value, is debatable. His statement about taking fish for the pot, is one that many of us have been arguing about for years. I still think that we should keep the right to fish for the pot, and the present legislation is just a farce.

I'm prepared to debate angling with anyone, (and have done many times), some I have made change their views, others I haven't, but I've never had to lose my temper with any of them.

As far as I know, the man who drowned the angler, has not made any anti angling statements, and it could have been anyone who suffered at his hands. So I fail to see what that has to do with this thread.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err when I last looked this was an Angling Forum, that is members of which go fishing I would have thought that those opposed to such activity would and should be given short shrift, go ahead debate with him, turn his head I will watch with interest.

As far as the murder of the Angler, I have no proof that the attacker was an anti, no he did not state that he was an anti or not :rolleyes: But it doesn't seem the attacker had nota lot of sympathy for the angler either, so console yourself that there were no anti fishing motives and I will speculate there was.

Must be wonderful in your world :D

Yup, you're right Neil, it is an angling forum, and as such a prime target for any antis. I don't see this lad as an anti in the real sense, he's just trying a 'wind up'. It's like most kids, they need to have a 'cause', (usually a different one each month). I'll bet that once puberty sets in, and he sees the attraction of the female sex, he'll have other things on his mind. You were the only one 'wound up' by his comments, so you played into his hands.

A forum is not the best place to have a debate, face to face is much better, and the other person needs to want to participate.

As to the shocking murder of the angler. Until I see evidence that him being an angler was no more than a coincidence, I still won't see it's relevance to this topic.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Can we stop using lazy language like 'an anti', it only serves to simplify complex issues and makes us as a group look a bit dim.

I'm 'anti' half the stuff that goes on under the banner of 'coarse fishing' as I'm sure most of you are too. The views of the poster are hardly revolutionary and there's no need to treat them as such.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

As our new poster is a self confessed "anti"who professes to eat fish and to wants to try new species, may I suggest that he does a little research in what actually happens to fish that are trawled and how they die.

If he starts to want to protest about how nasty and cruel trawling is, I suggests that he stops, draws breath and does a little research into Halal meat before deciding where his protest energies are best expended.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

And there you have it Mr IcePop! Why 99 Flake? Mini Milks are the way forward dude!!!

I will however ask you this: What will happen in your head if, while catching fish for 'the pot', you start to enjoy the 'sport' the fish provides? Will you convert? Will your head explode?

Just to clarify myself, I believe you WILL feel a tingle of anticipation whilst waiting for a bite, a burst of Adrenaline when you have a good sized fish on and a headrush of Dopamine when you have landed it. This is the hunters instinct and is ingrained into us all to differing degrees.

Now, take the civilized side of you, which will naturally take over after the drugs have worn off. Do you REALLY want to kill such a magnificent animal? After what it has given you? Could you not give mercy and return it to fight another day? To breed and continue its species as is natural?

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

As our new poster is a self confessed "anti"who professes to eat fish and to wants to try new species, may I suggest that he does a little research in what actually happens to fish that are trawled and how they die.

If he starts to want to protest about how nasty and cruel trawling is, I suggests that he stops, draws breath and does a little research into Halal meat before deciding where his protest energies are best expended.

lol dude i know all about halal meat and how fish are killed in trawling and at how alot of then as needlessly killed and put back.

What i`m against/getting at is using fish and any other animal for the entertainment and pleasure of humans.You (not you personal but people in general) would moan if your kids where bullied and made fun off at school for the bullies entertainment, or if theyy were (god forbide) molested for a pedos pleasure, yet it`s ok to put a sharp hook and sometimes barbed hook into a fish,make it struggle, then yank it out the water and let it start to sufficate, for your entertainment.

Remember the old saying " Do unto others as you`d have them do unto you".

And for your information ken, i agree with halal meat, more than "our" way of killing it,at least it`s appreciated before it`s killed, and is actually killed humanely/with the animals well fair in mind.

There`s a difference between killing and using an animal for need,then there is for pleasure and entertainment.

It is possible to live perfectly well without eating meat or fish. The only reason for doing so is that it tastes good - therefore, killing fish for food is, unless you would otherwise starve, killing them for entertainment.

What i`m against/getting at is using fish and any other animal for the entertainment and pleasure of humans.

Using an animal for pleasure and entertainment would presumably include:

Riding a horse ?

"Imprisoning" an animal as a pet in a home ?

Forcing cows to produce milk just so that someone can enjoy milk whenever they want ?

How about gawping at wild gorillas in Rwanda (the only thing that keeps them from being exterminated is the tourist income that they generate) for the simple pleasure of seeing them ?

That route takes you a very long way from the mainstream if you carry it to it's logical conclusion. It would also see all farm and domestic animals become extinct, gorillas become extinct and our waterways become sewers.

Man doesn't only exploit, we nurture as well - but only when we have a vested interest in doing so.

i agree with halal meat, more than "our" way of killing it,at least it`s appreciated before it`s killed, and is actually killed humanely/with the animals well fair in mind.

Absolute garbage ! We're not talking about some desert elder killing a single goat to feed his village and bonding with the animal before dispatching it in accordance with his religious rites. Halal slaughter in Europe and elsewhere takes place on an industrial scale. Nobody appreciates the animals and they are killed without prestunning and will remain conscious, aware and able to thrash around until their brains slip into unconsciousness due to lack of oxygenated blood.

Studies from France indicate that guilloteened people are conscious and able to respond to their names being called for upto 30 seconds after their heads are severed. Without the additional trauma of having their spines severed, it's reasonable to assume that these animals are conscious for longer -

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yea urm Halal meat is actually killed in a far less humane way. They bleed the cow dry while its still alive and prolong its suffering so its half severed head can point east or some ****....And dont compare fishing to pedophilla, your a ****ing retard for using that comparison and its an insult to the victims of this attrocious act which you have so trivialised...

We as anglers do more for conservation and the protection of our fish stocks and countryside than you probably ever will :rolleyes:

gone